Account Executive/Associate - POL IDD - Connecticut (Woodbury)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive/Associate Account Executive within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business.
In this role, you will establish and achieve identified sales goals for the Abbott ARDx Infectious Disease portfolio. Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
Territory includes : Rhode Island, Connecticut & Bronx. Candidate must live in the territory.
The scope of this position is responsible for establishing and achieving identified sales goals for the Abbott ARDx Infectious Disease portfolio. Sales goals and objectives for these products will be assigned to a territory in support of the Company's overall strategic plan. The position is primarily focused on specific markets and customers as directed by the Company. As required to support Company priorities, this focus can be modified and/or expanded to include other markets and customers.
- Establish, develop and maintain the business and client relationships.
- Strategic development of ARDx IDD Sales opportunities within assigned territory.
- Implement sales, marketing and national account programs as directed by ARDx management.
- Identify opportunities for growth throughout the entire ARDx Infectious Disease portfolio
- Build and maintain a strong competitive product knowledge
- Contribute to the region's growth by understanding the AAEAs objectives and goals
- Meet established sales goals and objectives while maintaining territory budget.
- Support distribution partners in the sale of products, including training, sales meetings, technical expertise, and marketing support of the ARDx Infectious Disease product lines
- Act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, bid preparation and all customer follow-up.
- Identify customer issues and resolve sales related difficulties.
- Identify key IDNs and GPO targets within defined territory to increase market penetration to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Maintain selling expenses and submit timely and accurate expense reports while adhering to all corporate guidelines.
- Develop and submit sales reports, expense reports and forecasts and other required documents or reports as requested. Must actively participate in utilizing Salesforce.com (CRM).
- Monitor market, customer and competitor trends and advise management on methods to improve company competitiveness. Support sales team success through active sharing of ideas, techniques and approaches.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment to assist with infectious disease customer targets
- Obtain certification within the Vendor Credentialing requirements by being in compliance with current immunizations, required training, background checks and competency assessments.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS)
- 3+ years inside sales, sales, or equivalent customer facing experience role (ie. Technical Consultant/Sales Engineer)
- 2+ years outside sales experience preferred
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time. Overnight travel as necessary to complete business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in execution of sales strategies and ability to close business
- Knowledge of sales methods and techniques (such as Miller Heiman or other sales methodologies.
- Understanding and experience working with Distribution partners a plus
- Experience selling (inside sales or outside capacity) POC, medical device or Capital equipment
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to or contact your HR Partner to let us know the nature of your request.
Loading some great jobs for you...