Associate Director, Global Patient Relations
Compensation: $122,260.00 - $195,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn .
Some opportunities come once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to make a remarkable impact on the lives of people living with disease. Are you interested in a high impact Public Affairs role that allows you to collaboratively design and execute partnerships with patients and patient organizations? If so, this Associate Director of Global Patient Relations role could be an ideal opportunity to explore. In this role, you will manage AbbVie's relationships with patient leaders and patient organizations to ensure the patient voice is integral to decision making - from development through to access and use of medicines.
- Advance the impact of the patient voice in internal and external decision making through collaboration and
consultation with global patient leaders and patient organizations.
- Partner with patient leaders and other stakeholders to increase the impact of the patient voice to address
local patient access barriers.
- Collaborate with HEOR, Medical, and Development Colleagues to develop innovative collaborations with
patient organizations, and to engage patient leaders as consultants on relevant study endpoints e.g. patient
relevant outcomes and preferences.
- Drive the operationalization of patient centricity at AbbVie by evolving our capability to involve patient
experts and patient organizations systematically through the product life cycle.
- Actively participate on high priority Oncology and Specialty brand teams; Design Patient Relations
strategies and tactics in line with therapeutic area strategic imperatives.
- Efficiently create, execute and measure the impact of collaborative projects; Advocate for and manage
budget; Communicate appropriately.
- Serve as a point of connection to country-level Patient Relations colleagues, share best practices and lessons
learned. Manage the online system which connects cross-functional colleagues to the Patient Relations
manager for each patient group across multiple countries.
- Coordinate global, area and country affiliate relationships with relevant patient organizations to maximize efficiency and impact.
- Proven external facing skills, including a track record of productive collaborations with patient experts or patient organization
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities from several brand teams simultaneously
- Knowledge of the different types of patient entities, and how to appropriately engage each according to recently-established guidelines for industry best practice
- Knowledge of how to partner throughout the product lifecycle including patient focused drug development PFDD), Patient-reported Outcomes (PROs), patient involvement in health technology assessment (HTA), policy issues, patient journey mapping, support and educational efforts
- Experience working within a matrix environment, appropriately collaborating to achieve consensus across a variety of cross-functional peers and their senior leaders
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: alumni, analyst, care, chief marketing officer, cmo, lead generation, market, media, solicitation, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...