Customer Modeling Lead
AMA Insurance (AMAI)
To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMAI team as Customer Modeling Lead. As part of the team, you will develop and maintain target audience scoring and segmentation models for marketing activation, based on data analysis. Optimize results through predictive modeling and descriptive analytics. Create performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of the predictive modeling and customer segmentation efforts. Collaborate with internal clients and the leadership team to further understand business needs and identify new solutions.
Other Responsibilities will include:
Inform marketing campaigns by scoring target audiences and designing segments:
* Create and design custom segments and audience scoring for use in future marketing activities
* Build predictive models and perform descriptive analytics using statistical methods such as clustering and segmentation techniques, regression, and propensity modeling to support the marketing efforts and business needs of the internal clients
* Assess business needs and select optimal analytic/statistical technique(s) ranging from descriptive analyses to robust predictive models, based on business objectives for analysis
Analyze marketing activation and manage results:
* Create performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of the predictive modeling and customer segmentation efforts; responsible for the integrity of all models in use including reporting of model performance
* Develop a strong partnership and collaboration with the internal AMA Insurance teams, performing as a team member who consults on how to attain the business goals by leveraging descriptive and predictive analytics
* Assess and understand the cost/benefit relationship of developing and deploying learned models based on business needs
* Communicate complex analytical findings to AMA Insurance colleagues and management as actionable customer strategies which will have a measured impact on the business
Optimize data and related processes:
* Ensure data integrity and data governance by leveraging proven methodologies, including data reconciliation, data integration and data audits; guides colleagues in data analysis best practices
* Retrieve data from databases via queries, and from other sources as required
* Develop and maintain new metrics, attributes, and measures in pursuit of model development
* BS or BA degree in technical or business discipline required, relevant Master's degree preferred.
* 3+ years of experience with digital marketing and offline marketing required; 7+ years of overall experience preferred.
* Proficiency with SQL and statistical packages required; knowledge of R preferred.
* Experience with Google Analytics and Adobe Marketing Suite.
* Proficiency in data visualization packages, Power BI is preferred.
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to hypothesize and test against the hypothesis.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including communication of technical and statistical concepts to business audiences.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize work based on changing business needs and relevant timelines, including completion of tasks requiring inputs from colleagues across AMA Insurance.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION