Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) is seeking a SEO Specialist who thrives in a dynamic environment, appreciates teamwork, and exemplifies integrity, perseverance, and flexibility. As an SEO Specialist, you will serve as an SEO expert seamlessly uniting our web content and development practices to drive search engine rank performance, traffic, engagement and conversions for all of our web properties.
- Develop optimization strategies that increase the company's search engine results rankings to drive results towards business objectives
- Own the execution of on-site and off-site SEO tactics with the goal of improving SEO performance against defined KPIs: search visibility, visits, leads, engagement metrics, and conversions
- Perform keyword research to identify high-value search phrases to drive traffic that will convert into leads on web properties and be used within marketing materials
- Optimize on-page elements such as title tag, meta description, URL, headings, images, internal links and more
- Research and craft strategies to address SEO trends across channels (e.g. mobile, and voice recognition), and then be able to share research with other marketing team members
- Develop and execute effective link-building strategies
- Partner with IT counterparts to promote SEO best practices
- Lead SEO training opportunities for other marketing team members and client/partner stakeholders
- Coordinate with the Marketing Analytics team develop and maintain an SEO dashboard for analysis and reporting
- Stay on the cutting edge of SEO best practices tools and techniques to develop new ideas forward for testing and beta initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and positive attitudes
- Demonstrated detail-orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Expert-level proficiency with SEO tools including Google Search Console and BrightEdge.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge and experience working within a CMS-driven website
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Manassas, VA
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree (or higher) in marketing, advertising, communications, business, or a related area preferred
- 3-5 years or more of experience working on impactful SEO programs required, experience in an agency setting preferred.
Loading some great jobs for you...