Quality Team Leader-Relocation Assistance Available
Compensation: $77,860.00 - $195,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Quality Team Leader
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Quality Technicians in the areas of microbiology, pathogen and analytical testing and sample/inventory control
- Responsible for plant quality control and sanitation programs ensuring that the plant meets quality, cost, delivery, safety and engagement objectives
- Designs, implements, and audits all quality control and sanitation protocols to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory expectations
- Partners with plant and corporate functional entities to provide technical support to plant personnel on issues related to product quality, sanitation and continuous improvement
Education & Experience
- Bachelor s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in the Quality Field to including performing quality assurance tests in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of food safety and food quality standards, regulations, and laws governing the food production industry (SQF and environmental safety regulations)
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail oriented
- Knowledgeable of regulations such as FDA, OSHA, and EPA
- Identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Manages quality technicians, responsible for the general direction, coordination, and evaluation of these.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Receive a quality product and quality team's dedication
- Develop effective quality control processes
- Create and monitor quality control procedures
- Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures
- Produce production quality reports for management
- Implement the quality system detailed in the quality manual
- Present quality reports to MGMT
- Implement quality systems and equipment to monitor overall quality
- Assure product quality through maintenance of a quality system in accordance with the quality regulations and customer requirements
- Establish standard work and quality procedures
- Ensure quality expectations are met
- Propose quality improvements to document control systems
- Maintain quality control objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures
- Enforce quality standards and represent customer's interest in quality related issues
- Reinforce quality awareness to the management
- Perform quality checks (in-process)
- Ensure that proper quality procedures and work instructions are in effect and that quality technicians adhere to quality policies and procedures
- Establishing product specifications and quality attributes
- Document and grade out suppliers on quality control
- Communicate outcomes of quality activities
Associated topics: antibody, dietary, drug, medical, nutritionist, patient, pharmaceutical, pharmacy, physiologist, therapy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...