Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101. We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
We are looking for a positive, high-energy and agile marketer who will be responsible for the development and execution of initiatives aimed at Healthcare Professionals, with an emphasis on digital channel management and execution. This position will play a key role in the development and implementation of AveXis first commercial product launch, including advertising campaigns, digital strategy, collateral development, congresses, and vendor management. Areas of focus may include one or more of the following: professional HCP marketing, brand website development, CRM development and implementation, paid media, social media, and congresses. The position requires a highly motivated individual who can work independently, think strategically, and collaborate transversally to accomplish complex deliverables.Responsibilities
- Establish deep expertise in market and customer unmet needs across key markets.
- Ensure voice of customer is continuously monitored and included in defining market and product requirements.
- Support the development and deployment of HCP branded and patient unbranded and branded initiatives including objective setting, content development, internal Promotional Review Committee (PRC) review, QC, production, deployment/distribution to the field and performance measurement; focus on HCP or consumer or both.
- Work closely with field teams (advocacy, sales and reimbursement) to understand barriers to adoption, develop strategies to grow penetration, and improve commercial execution.
- Initiate and analyze qualitative and quantitative market data to continually gain a deeper understanding of the HCP and patient customers, disease area, and market.
- Propose informed strategies and tactics to address key unmet needs.
- Participate in cross functional sub-teams to ensure alignment and appropriate execution on brand plan; become a trusted partner in this setting.
- Manage relationships with strategic partners and vendors (include agencies of record) to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner while remaining on budget; condition partners for executional excellence and hold them accountable for success metrics.
- Work with advanced analytics to set up measurement plans to assess program performance optimize spend across marketing mix.
- Collaborate on Non-Personal Promotional efforts targeting HCPs to supplement and complement Sales Force efforts.
- Manage vendor contract processing (purchasing requisitions, invoices, and approvals).
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups across the organization, including but not limited to Sales, Regulatory, Market Access, Market Research, Commercial Operations, Legal, Patient Advocacy, and Medical Affairs.
- Drive the brand's digital marketing strategies, priorities and goals and ensure that digital tactics are aligned with brand business objectives, including integration of digital strategy into overall brand marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute build of brand website and related digital initiatives, including CRM.
- Review reporting and KPIs on brand's digital initiatives to develop recommendations and implement future digital marketing programs.
- Plan and oversee execution of activities related to congresses.
- Manage materials, projects and resources through the internal review committee process (PRC).
- BA/BS degree in biological sciences, pharmacy, marketing or business administration or a minimum of 7 years of related experience in a prior role; Minimum 4-5 years of US pharmaceutical brand marketing experience.
- US Launch experience in orphan and/or CNS required.
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate all clinical data / publications to support business objectives.
- Strong HCP marketing background with emphasis on digital channel management and execution (websites, SEO/SEM, paid media, CRM, analytics, social media).
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal and external partners.
- Experience working with external brand agencies and vendors on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- A high interest in working in a \"roll up the sleeves\" environment of a small bio-pharma company, without the resources of larger companies.
- Up to 25% of US domestic travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task