See what you re missing. Our employees work on the world s most advanced electronics from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first exemplified by our mission: We Protect Those Who Protect Us . Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
The BAE Systems Soldier & Vehicle Electronics (SVE) product line is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) who will be responsible for business development activities within the Soldier systems market segment. The primary focus of the BDM will be the development and qualification of new business opportunities in order to drive market segment growth. Integral to success will be the ability to build customer rapport in order to gain an understanding of target customer needs / capability gaps and become a trusted partner capable of driving customer requirements.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Grow the Soldier systems opportunity pipeline through the timely identification and qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging customer intimacies
- Define contact plans and conduct customer visits to establish and/or maintain customer relationships in order to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits in support of capture strategies
- Participate in bid decisions, provide the price-to-win and competition analysis to support decision
- Support the creation of marketing collateral and briefings to message the market and customer community
Preferred location is in Austin, TX with some flexibility (Hudson, NH; Reston, VA; Arlington, VA) depending on candidate s qualifications Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or 14 years of experience in lieu of degreeRequired Skills and Education
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or 14 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and qualify new business growth opportunities
- Ability to shape uncertain customer requirements and opportunities
- Excellent communication and listening skills, ability to identify, summarize and out brief key items of interest for the benefit of a capture team
- Ability to support development and update of campaign strategy in warfighter worn EO/IR vision & targeting systems
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Experience working with the requirements and acquisition organizations responsible for EO/IR vision & targeting systems within all services
- Work history and understanding of US Army & USMC EO/IR vision & targeting development organizations
- Ability to quickly identify and assess trends in the EO/IR systems market segment
- Knowledge background in infantry warfighter missions, and relevant weapon sights, vision & targeting system development programs
- U.S. Army acquisition training and experience
- Experience with Salesforce for pipeline management and customer relationship management
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.
Associated topics: design, develop, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power, systems