Director, Corporate Business Development
Boys & Girls Clubs of America in Mina, NV
- Industry: Executive Management - Marketing/Public Relations
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $138,660.00 - 138,660.00 / Year*
Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017 and 2018" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
Under the direction of the National Director, the Director, Corporate Business Development has the responsibility to identify, profile, cultivate and grow new and existing relationships with thought-leaders, corporations, foundations and key individuals to support national priorities across youth development. The Director, Corporate Business Development will work closely with BGCA s Chief Development and Public Affairs Officer and local Northern California Club Organization leadership to create and enhance community relationships and associations. The Director, Corporate Business Development must portray a strategic mind-set to develop a multi-year plan for the development of revenue and mission-critical support on the west coast and across the nation.
The role will include cause-marketing and the development of robust partnerships. Strong emphasis will be placed on managing major corporate accounts to ensure deliverables are met, while building and renewing corporate sponsors. Activities also include coaching, storytelling, special events and active participation in a high-functioning, highly collaborative results-oriented development team.
- Identifying prospects and building a pipeline to drive revenue, expertise and cost-relieving resources for the entire Boys & Girls Clubs movement.
- Collaborating cross functionally with youth development strategy and local Club Organizations to build robust partnerships that meet the growing needs of a technologically driven society with gaps in equity.
- Establishing a strategic plan to successfully engage and build long-term partnerships.
- Expanding the breadth and depth of partnerships, building consensus and resources to provide solutions for America s youth.
- Strategically engaging Board members, senior leaders and member Boys & Girls Club Organizations in the development process and ongoing stewardship of individuals, foundations, corporations, etc.
- Educating on Boys & Girls Clubs proof points and proven impact.
- No direct reports, but the role maintains oversight of account relationships which require collaboration and coaching within the corporate team and across the entire Organization
- Bachelor s degree; MBS and CFRE preferred
- Minimum of eight years successful front-line major gifts fundraising experience including Board fundraising engagement
- Impressive track record with major gift solicitations of six-to-seven figures
- Success managing a portfolio of 50+ relationships with annual goal achievement and year-over-year revenue growth
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a nationally deployed team in a federated structure
- Experience in selling or implementing STEM and/or workforce programming, preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and experience with a Blackbaud database environment
- Builds trust and rapport quickly
- Operates in a strong, inter-connected network of leaders
- Demonstrates success in developing meaningful relationships with high net worth individuals
- Works collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Relates well to people of varying backgrounds
- Shares information in an open, transparent and respectful fashion
- Manages ambiguity and conflict
- Operates autonomously but accepts and seeks coaching and guidance
- Expresses self clearly and concisely
- Adapts communication style to the audience
- Presents in interesting and engaging ways
- Focuses attention on key priorities
- Deals effectively with diverse constituencies
- Writes effectively
- Asks informed questions and listens
- Creates and communicates tactical objectives and action plans
- Monitors progress
- Drives for success and achieves the highest standard of results
- Holds self and others accountable for completing tasks on schedule
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Exhibits resourcefulness and finds alternatives
- Takes appropriate risks
- Learns from challenges
- Maintains positive outlook under pressure
- Puts in extra effort when necessary
- Demonstrated dedication to the BGCA Movement
- Gives compelling testimony to the value of the cause
- Moves others to commit to the cause
- Sacrifices own needs for greater good
- Understands Club experience
- Understands perspectives of organization/Club staff
- Understands how boards are built and maintained
- Understands outcome measurement
- Shows care and concern for youth
- Understand BGCA culture, resources, and budgeting/financial processes
- Effective Fundraiser
- Establishes self as a credible representative of the cause
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, closes, stewards and renews commitments of $100,000 or more
- Builds a strong partnership with the donor/thought-partner
- Strategically matches donor needs and objectives
- Designs proposals to meet both donor and institutional needs
- Adapts mindsets to meet funding needs of the Organization
- Effectively negotiates difference between donor and institutional needs
- Closes complex six-figure+ commitments including asset-based gifts, planned gifts, multi-year campaign pledges and endowment commitments
- Lobbies effectively for quality delivery on contract and agreements
- Acts as a good steward of the donor s resources
- High energy, driven, dedicated, motivated, confident, creative and nimble. Ability to work for prolonged periods at high levels of activity; managing multiple tasks with varying deadlines and attending to details; ability to think strategically; reading comprehension and listening
Approximately 30% travel (which can be up to 10 days or more in a month, including some weekends, depending upon scheduling).
The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver s license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using electric director metho
* Estimated salary