Senior OpEx Lead
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
POSITION SUMMARY:The Senior OpEx Lead is responsible for driving site initiatives and developing OpEx capability and culture at the site by using, and promoting the use of Lean Six Sigma methodology and change management, so that the goals of the site are achieved.
- Work with assigned departments to identify a pipeline of opportunities (e.g., cost savings, capacity, and efficiency projects) and coach resources on applying Operational Excellence (OpEx) concepts and tools.
- Embed OpEx Foundational skills in 'The Way We Work' at the site. Ensure OpEx foundational skills (e.g., 5S, Gemba Walks, Visual Management, Value Stream Maps, Standard Work, and Kaizens) are being used by resources in assigned departments.
- Facilitate the creation of a continuous improvement culture (i.e., lean operations) at the site.
- Lead large business change initiatives to achieve desired business benefits through: Program Management, Project management, and Lean Six Sigma
- Act as a coach for program/project teams, leadership teams and departments on use of Lean methodology, use of Six Sigma methodology, and use of change management tools.
- Drive engagement with Operational Excellence through: management of ideas generation, GEMBA walks, communication (visual boards), governance meetings, and other communication tools
- Leading and coaching of workshops and day to day activities; leading and coordination of initiatives; and coaching personnel on day to day use of Operational Excellence
- Deliver required business benefits by using and promoting the use of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and change management techniques to enable delivery of year on year benefits and business outcomes required.
- Improve Operational Excellence site capability through training coordination/delivery and coaching of Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Lean practitioner and Lean Leader skills.
- Provide specific tools and lean technique training as required by the business.
- Oversee the certification programs for Yellow Belt, Green Belt and Lean Practitioner/Leader.
- Keep abreast of best practices and improvement opportunities in OpEx by networking within BMS and also amongst external companies and industry bodies.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, etc:
- Extensive Six Sigma and Lean skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, including the ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and strong relationships with others.
- Bachelor's degree in biochemical engineering or a related discipline or equivalent. A master's degree, such as an MBA, is desired.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in OpEx/Six Sigma/Lean/Continuous Improvement in biopharmaceutical or related industry, documented by a solid history of functional accomplishments and a proven track record.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the Six Sigma and Lean philosophies and can teach and coach others how to apply Six Sigma and Lean concepts and foundational tools (e.g., Value Stream Mapping, Visual management, 5S, etc.).
- Applied experience leading kaizen events.
- Four (4) years or more experience leading continuous improvement projects and coaching/training resources. Master Black Belt, Black Belt, or Lean Leader certification is required.
- This position is an office based position that may require entry into laboratory/manufacturing spaces that requires appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE). Office-based work requires sitting and repetitive use of arms/hands/wrists, especially when working with a computer.
- This position is located at a medium scale manufacturing facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- This position requires up to 5% of travel
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: aseptic, aseptic technique, clinical, drug discovery, histology, histotechnologist, immunology, physiology, therapeutic, transfection
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...