Communications Specialist, Public Relations
Compensation: $92,170.00 - $67,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Hello, My name is George Rogers and I am a Recruiter with Kelly Services, Inc., a Fortune 500 workforce solutions company. We are currently seeking to fill a Communications Specialist, Public Relations position in RTP, NC. I have attached the details of the opportunity below: Duration: 12+ monthsPay: $40.00 - $46.00/HOURResponsibilities: The Communications Specialist, Public Relations will execute the public relations plan that has been authorized by the Media Relations Manager while taking ownership for developing strong content, maintaining an appealing/engaging social media presence, and building strategic partnerships with executive stakeholders and external media sources.
The goal is to heighten visibility and drive action internally and externally in harmony with the Senior Vice President s initiatives for the company in year 2020 along with members of the executive leadership team across the organization. Will also partner with colleagues within the communications department as they manage sustainability initiatives and product stewardship.
- Implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players, including local media, business leaders and community stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to generate content and ideas in line with the company s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Research and write content, including press releases, editorial articles, thought leadership pieces presentations, speeches, talking points, media briefing documents, infographics and content for the company website.
- Create compelling content focused on key business priorities and topics, including sustainability, stewardship, diversity and inclusion, STEM and ag education and hunger relief.
- Arrange and coordinate media relations activities for local and community events.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company s policies, principles and strategies, and keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- The ability to create compelling and dynamic content through engaging storytelling that promotes the company s brand.
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and writing skills to represent the brand with key internal and external stakeholders
- To be a strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- The ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- To stay current and up-to-date with current media trends and technology - constantly looking for ways to improve processes and bring creative ideas forward
- The ability to be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
- To be a problem solver that s skilled in adapting to changing circumstances in a busy environment.
- Bachelor s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media expertise and strong knowledge of social media platforms and engagement strategies.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work available for review.
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Please submit your resume to be considered for this position by pressing the SUBMIT RESUME button below. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (...@kellyservices.com),however, your resume should be uploaded via the SUBMIT RESUME button included within**
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: communication specialist, content, copywriter, headline, journalism, journalist, news, publication, writer, writing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...