Compensation: $87,330.00 - $142,390.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Analytical Cosmetic Chemist Needed- Durham, NC! Contract-to-Hire
*This is an urgent need with tentative start date ASAP* Kelly Scientific Resources with a well-established cosmetic company in the Durham, NC area! We are currently looking for an Analytical Cosmetic Chemist with experience testing raw materials, active ingredients and stability of finished goods. Successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, a thorough knowledge of Quality Control systems and procedures, analytical chemistry, supervisory techniques, and GMP requirements. This candidate will also be overseeing up to 3 quality technicians. This is a first shift contract to hire opportunity for the right candidate and is an urgent need and training will be provided if necessary. Requirements (non-negotiable):
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in chemistry or related discipline.
- 2-4 years of industry analytical chemistry experience preferred; MS with 0-2 years industry.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic with leadership qualities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate results and reports in a timely and prices manner.
- Strong computer skills (specifically Excel, Work, and PowerPoint) and ability to easily perform common analytical calculations (Stoichiometry, Molarity, Solution Prep).
- People skills and ability to convey directions to subordinates.
- GMP regulatory experience
- Techniques required:
- HPLC (high-Performance Liquid Chromatography)
- GC (Gas Chromatography)
- Supervise activities in the analytical laboratory to assure acceptability of raw materials, active ingredients and preservative levels in cosmetic drug products in GMP environment.
- Perform varied analytical/instrumentation analyses of raw materials, bulks and finished goods.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records to assure compliance with Corporate and Regulatory requirements.
- Investigate raw material, bulk batches and finished goods for out of specification test results.
- Provides training in analytical techniques such as wet chemical and instrumental analysis.
- Perform analytical/instrumentation analyses of raw materials, bulks and finished goods.
- Review/establish procedures to maintain all analytical instruments in proper calibration; initiate preventive maintenance.
- Follow best laboratories practices, according to procedure, including maintaining updated and accurate laboratory notebooks.
- Review test method and specification problems and discrepancies and recommend revisions as necessary.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: biochemistry, ceramic, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, polyurethane, rubber
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...