Director of Translational Research - Cellular/Molecular Biology
Compensation: $108,775.00 - $202,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Kelly Services is seeking a Director of Translational Research who will be responsible for managing a group of Scientists/Senior Research Associates. They will be responsible for developing novel approaches to optimize the anti-tumor activity of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for therapeutic applications and overseeing the clinical biomarker program. This is a direct hire opportunity. Research projects may include developing new processes for the expansion of new histologies T cells and modulating T cell metabolism to improve TIL potency. Translational activities will include implementing and ensuring the execution of assays aiming at monitoring the TIL mechanism of action. Analysis of clinical samples will be expected to reveal relevant predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers. Specific Responsibilities:
- Supervise all correlative studies conducted internally and externally on clinical samples to identify biomarkers of TIL anti-tumor activity.
- Design and execute/oversee the execution of the laboratory experiments involved in assigned projects.
- Document, interpret, and troubleshoot all experiments with upmost scientific rigor.
- Generate thorough protocols/reports upon project completion and interim data packages as needed.
- Comply to QC and QA requirements for data management.
- Establish Master Service Agreements for sample analyses with outside providers and manage the collaborations.
- Lead multi-functional Translational Research team meetings.
- Support Regulatory and Clinical biomarker-related activities.
- Propose and develop innovative methods and technologies as well as new directions for project development.
- Identify patentable inventions and support their filings.
- Actively participate in internal and external scientific discussions.
- Follow latest advancements in the field by means of thorough and regular survey of relevant literature and scientific conference attendance.
- Manage and lead at least a couple of direct reports.
Education and Qualifications
- PhD in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or related discipline required.
- Three years or more of post-doctoral training in academia or industry research laboratory.
- In-depth knowledge of cancer biology and immuno-oncology, as well as familiarity with current immunotherapeutic approaches and related biomarker programs.
- Extensive technical expertise in the fields of tissue culture using primary and established cell lines, in vitro T cell functional assays, flow cytometry staining and acquisition techniques, molecular biology, and state-of-the-art gene expression profiling; experience with deep sequencing, viral vectors, and stem cells a plus.
- Fluency with major scientific software and online resources; familiarity with complex data analysis methods/software packages helpful.
- Quality peer-reviewed publication record in relevant fields.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills in person and over conference calls with a variety of individuals from internal research staff to academic collaborators, business partners, lawyers, and executive team.
- Highly motivated individual, who adapts to new situations and wants to be part of a dynamic and growing team; must have collaborative spirit.
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...