Value Stream Specialist
Compensation: $118,560.00 - $125,760.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking a Value Stream Specialist to support one of our top government clients in York, PA on a 6 month contract assignment. As a Value Stream Specialist placed with Kelly Government Solutions you will support production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment and the majority of your time will be spent on the shop floor resolving manufacturing issues. If you or someone you know are interested in this opportunity please contact Mike Zwada, at ...@kellyservices.com or apply online. Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process re-engineering.
- May interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
- Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization's products and technology to solve manufacturing problems.
- Selects the best method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- May deliver technical presentations. Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets. Applies basic lean/six sigma principals to drive improvements to production processes.
- Interacts with employees located at multiple facilities across the country.
- Associates Degree plus 7 years or HS Diploma plus 11 years with relevant work experience
- Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees
- Mechanical background
- Experience in root cause/corrective action- preventive action
- Can work independently with minimal guidance
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with military vehicles
- Experience with industrial diesel engines
- Welding experience
- Experience working in a collaborative, team based environment
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Integration and Test Experience
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: cad, chemical, construct, equipment, gs 0801, highway, mechanical, sensing, technician, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...