Director Product Management - Reporting & BI
Compensation: $164,410.00 - $164,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Director Product Management - Reporting & BIDate:
Jan 4, 2020 Location:
San Jose, CA, US, 95134 Company:
CDK Job DescriptionPower the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology. Director of Product Management - Reporting & Business Intelligence
The Director Product Management for Reporting & Business Intelligence is responsible for the execution of product vision and strategy for CDK's reporting product suite and data strategy. He/she will be accountable for monitoring and interpreting all trends that occur within the Automotive vertical, the competitors in the space, and the surrounding industry segments. Based on these industry insights, they will formulate recommendations to senior management on the direction of the CDK Reporting product suite.
This Director Product Management will lead a team of product managers that specialize in the Data and Reporting/Business Intelligence space. They prioritize projects that align with roadmap goals, and are the facilitator between business drivers and the team's ability to deliver the solutions. It is their responsibility to take the critical role and oversee the design and development of our global Reporting Solutions. This Director will not only continue to innovate our latest Reporting product, but also set and execute a plan to transition all legacy reporting into the new Reporting platform.
This role functions as a key interface between business leaders, development, operations, support/implementation and product marketing to advance the company's objective to deliver leading enterprise platform products. It is also very important for the Director Product Management to work with all other product areas to develop strategic synergies among products (Digital Marketing, Call Intelligence, Front Office products, Service, and global products, etc.). This is a critical factor in optimizing future development and innovation of new products. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Define & drive strategic vision for a comprehensive BI strategy, objectives, vision, and measures based on the corporate vision, strategy and objectives.
- Identify competitive offerings in the market assessing their strengths and weaknesses. Evaluate the presence and relative importance of key product capabilities
- Analyze internal measurements to determine how our CDK Reporting & BI solutions impact the company operations, implementation, support and service areas. Actively partner with these organizations and prioritize enhancements within the roadmap based on business impact
- Product Performance / Operational Metrics / Competitiveness - Monitor and analyze how well the product is performing. Constant monitoring overall product(s) profitability, actual vs. planned revenue, customer satisfaction and market share.
- Identify assumptions, dependencies, & potential risks & create risk mitigation strategies
- Capture requirements and present solutions to all level of management including executive staff.
- Coordinate with various business and technical groups to build or deploy BI/data warehouse projects.
- Communicate project status to business stakeholders and rollup to overall roadmap
- Analyze deployed applications, keeping track of its maturity in the software development lifecycle, utilization, and fitment in the product portfolio.
- Support and partner with marketing, sales and operations in their delivery of various technical marketing collateral including; application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos.
- Manage a team of Product Managers, and ensure they stay focused on priorities, as well as motivated to suggest innovative new solutions.
- 8-10 years' experience in software Business Intelligence, Reporting, Analytics Product Management (Enterprise and/or SaaS)
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering or a related field or equivalent mix of education and experience required. Advanced degree in business or related field strongly preferred
- Experience in an enterprise data warehouse environment, which includes data design, data integration, database architecture, metadata and reporting/visualization creation.
- Expert knowledge of modern product management concepts and techniques, including Agile development methodologies
- Extensive Application/Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product/solution experience.
- Extensive Reporting and Business Intelligence product/solution experience, building and delivering reporting solutions that scale to thousands of users globally.
- Strategic thinker and understands the importance of 'whole product' - product, sales, service, support, implementation
- Thoughtfully considers data before drawing conclusions and/or able to grasp complexities & perceive relationships among problems or issues.
- Relates well and shows respect and consideration for others in order to build relationships. Creates relationships with cross-functional personnel
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
San Jose Nearest Secondary Market:
Palo Alto Job Segment:
Business Intelligence, Outside Sales, Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Database, Technology, Sales, Marketing, Operations
Powering automotive retailing globally. From Engineers to Executives, CDK is hiring to fuel your growth and ours.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...