LANXESS Solutions is looking for an Account Manager to be based in Shelton CT or home based around the CT area within reasonable proximity of Shelton CT and/or Naugatuck CT where the Urethane Systems Global R&D Center and Regional Application Development Center is located.
This person will manage the US Eastern Territory for the Urethanes Business.
The Account Manager will be managing direct accounts spanning the urethanes product lines. These accounts including potential distribution partners in the future, as well as the territory are subject to change and expand from time to time depending on the performance of the individual.
Overview of Position:
* Manage customers directly to meet/exceed Revenue and Material Margin targets * Conducts regular status calls and meetings with the customer's key management to understand their needs and link them to LANXESS' product/service strategies * Recommends profit and service improvement for both LANXESS and the customers * Builds effective long-term relationships to maintain a high level of satisfaction * Researches and creates business plans to facilitate new business opportunities * 50+% travel required
* Accountable for Territory Sales Revenue and Material Margin budgets * Develops product/service improvements for new market opportunities by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors * Develop and maintain Account Plans for all key customers * Maintain Pricing records and issue weekly visit reports and Itineraries * Coordinates business activities with customers at commercial and functional levels * Seeks new growth opportunities at both existing accounts and new prospects by selling the value of Urethane Systems products and solutions * Provides accurate Volume Forecast per customer on monthly basis * Uses Microsoft Dynamics as CRM tool
* Must have 2+ years of experience in Sales * Marketing, Technical, and Urethane / Elastomer / Chemical experience a plus
* Bachelor's Degree Required
Required Skills or Abilities:
* Superior collaborative/team building skills * Superior interpersonal skills with ability to influence at all levels in the organization * Proven ability to tackle hard problems and show initiative * High level of integrity and discipline * Proven ability to gain respect and credibility with both internal and external customers * Deep and broad knowledge of all sales disciplines * Strong problem solving skills and ability to think logically * Proficient computer skills * Desire to succeed and win at the sales interface