- Coffman Engineers
The right team is more than an advantage, it's a game changer! Come work with a team of engineering and other professionals dedicated to excellence at Coffman Engineers. Get in on this \"ground floor\" opportunity to help us grow our new office in Portland, OR, while joining a very deep and talented group of Marketing and Business Development professionals company wide.
Coffman Engineers is seeking a Proposal Specialist with at least three years of experience, who is passionate about their work, wants to be part of a high-functioning team, and is looking for an environment that promotes professional growth. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, have a desire to collaborate with a multi-discipline engineering team, and have fun. The position requires a highly organized and driven full-time professional with a strong command of the proposal writing process as well as a commitment to quality, detail, and accuracy. This person needs to have an eye for graphic design, a brain for strategic thinking, and a passion for learning new concepts.
* A four-year degree in technical writing, English, communications, or a similar field is preferred.
* Minimum of three years' experience with proposal writing in the architectural/engineering/construction (AEC) industry is strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with databases preferred.
* Proficient with Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat) and MS Office 365 programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint) required.
* Communicate effectively, provide a high level of attention to detail, and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously.
* Strong written and verbal skills.
* Flexibility within a large scope of responsibilities.
* Highly organized; able to take direction and work independently.
* Team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
* The ability to work collaboratively with staff in other office locations.
* Familiarity with federal and state transportation markets.
* Experience with transportation and bridge project pursuits preferred.
* Proposals: Write, prepare, produce, and submit technical proposals and qualification packages with a high degree of accuracy and quality; coordinate with technical staff on proposal planning. Each proposal is custom-written, working from InDesign templates and our project database. It could be a single page or 30 pages. It could be in response to a government RFP, or an architect's request for qualifications. Every situation is different.
* Lead Tracking: Track and search for potential project pursuits, identify and follow-up on potential teaming opportunities. Maintain and distribute current proposal pursuits internally.
* Strategic Collaboration & Relationship Development: Create and foster relationships within the AEC industry for strategic teaming purposes.
* Maintain Project & Proposal Database: Enter data; maintain corporate and personnel databases; coordinate with other offices.
* Proofing and Editing: Write technical documents and general materials; proofread and edit technical language written by technical staff.
* Assist in coordinating and/or participating in various internal and external events/presentations.
* Attend client-related functions and activities; participate in networking and professional associations.
Your application is your best opportunity to demonstrate the skills required. To apply, please provide:
* A single-page cover letter that briefly details your experience and describes what personally drives you.
* A resume that includes your professional experience, achievements, and organizational involvement.
* Work samples. Proposals?writing samples, or other work?we'd love to see them!
Please combine all files into one document to upload with your online application. We look forward to learning more about you!
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different - our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn't the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do. Don't take our word for it. Check out what others are saying at Glassdoor and Twitter!
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible work schedules, a flexible PTO program and a fun office environment. Our downtown Portland office is located in the historic Pearl District, in the heart of the city's cultural center. We welcome the dedicated and the driven. Join us.
Don't take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman at a Glance[HS1] :
* 40 years in business
* 490 employees in 15 offices located in 8 states and 1 territory
* Multi-discipline engineering services plus fire protection, corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
* #212 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2018
* #12 Best Firms to Work For - Multi-Discipline, Zweig Group, 2018
* #30 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2018
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to create a user profile that allows you to manage the application process, answer a few questions, attach your resume and other documents, and then submit. Please combine all files into one document to upload. We look forward to learning more about you! If you are accessing this from outside our website, go to and open the appropriate position posting.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.
LinkedIn: * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...