*Do you have a passion for food? Are you able to make personal connections easily, and enjoy talking to and listening to others? Would you consider yourself a curious self-starter with strong business and culinary skills?*
If so, you might be the perfect fit as a *Foodworks Business Development Scout*. Foodworks is a division of Compass Group, the global leader in foodservice management and support services. We are a hospitality company that partners with local restaurants and food startups, providing them with operating space in prime locations all in the name of sharing our passion for culinary excellence.
As a *Business Development Scout*, you are the face of the operation-the glue holding all the pieces together. *Foodworks' Business Development Scouts* are responsible for finding and developing relationships with the best of the culinary talent in the local market. We're seeking friendly, engaging individuals who are ambitious, organized, and creative. Ideal candidates will have a strong background in the foodservice industry, but have the keen ability to confidently communicate their knowledge of the business/market with anyone-be it the VP of sales, a local entrepreneur, or the hundredth customer of the day.
*If you're a foodie who also has a flair for storytelling, you need to join the Foodworks team as a Business Development Scout!*
* Leverage community and professional ties to scout/recruit local restaurants
* Collaborate with various divisions and departments to build connections and develop leads
* Confidently lead with informal authority, bridging the gap between the wants/needs of industry professionals as well as individual restaurant owners and guests
* Complete restaurant contracts, and maintain relationships from start to finish
* Complete daily audits and monthly budgets, as well as forecast future growth for Foodworks
* Manage logisitics of restaurant onboarding, including initial and ongoing training
* Maintain brand standards and support in creating and implementing all marketing materials
* Maintain Quality Assurance standards, and capture QA documents to report
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, or Culinary Arts OR equivalent combination of training and work experience
* Extensive familiarity with local market food and beverage scene is ideal
* Fluent presenter; excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office; knowledge of various POS systems is ideal
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to listen and relate to others
* Resourceful, organized, and creative with a high attention to detail
*A family of companies and experiences*
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 265,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass Group family today!
*great people. great services. great results.*
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
*Apply to Compass Group today!*
*Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story*
*Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.*
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.