We have a unique opportunity for someone to contributetheir talents and strengths as a **PRManager**
**A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF**
At Computershare weinvite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people aroundthe globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients andcustomers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver,every time.
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration,employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholdercommunications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class actionand utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial andgovernance services.
Founded in 1978,Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management,high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments andstakeholder engagement. Many of the worlds leading organizations use us tostreamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors,employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare isrepresented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employeesworldwide.
**DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH **
Across our globalteam, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives wehave, the better equipped well be to meet the demands of our diverse globalcustomer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer andevery supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer andbelieve in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin,sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexualorientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected beapplicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with noexceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promoteand retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potentialand the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone isincluded within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to giveeveryone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Our key values Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage drive everything we do: you can count onus to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyondtodays problems to find tomorrows solutions, focusing on finding new andbetter way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your businessgoals.
**A ROLE YOUWILL LOVE**
ThePublic Relations Manager will be a member of the global media team, which isotherwise based in the UK. They will be responsible for managing ourrelationships with the media on behalf of our global business lines, generatingpositive media coverage and helping prevent or minimize negative coverage. Theywill field journalistic enquiries, work with the Corp Comms team and businessunits to put together responses and secure coverage through proactive mediaengagement as required.
**Primary Accountabilities **
* Identify and generate news content through surveys, industry comment and service enhancements, for press releases, features and blog posts.
* Issue press releases, carry out media sell-in, create articles and features, monitor coverage and provide briefings for spokespeople ahead of media interviews.
* Liaise regularly with internal stakeholders (senior members of staff and wider marketing team) to determine requirements and deliver ideas on how to achieve best possible PR outcome.
* Acts as point for US media (including during incidents) and manage enquiries, including around customer issues
* Contribute to our internal communications, including by sharing positive media coverage, and support the Corporate Communications team as required with incident management.
**WHAT WE NEEDFROM YOU**
* Excellent command of the English language, including the ability to spell and use grammar well
* Ability to interact with the media through well-written content and good pitching skills
* Good organizational skills
* Attention to detail
* Proven ability to write features and articles
* Able to work on own initiative
* Good interpersonal skills
* Proof-reading skills
* Strength of character and the ability to say no
* Knowledge of SharePoint(or similar content management system)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to performeach essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
**Education and Experience**
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years relatedexperience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education andexperience
* 1-2 yearsexperience working as a journalist or in media relations
It isexpected that this position may include travel up to 10% of the time. This issubject to change based on many factors, including business needs
Abilityto read/analyze/interpret complex documents; respond to sensitiveinquiries/complaints; write speeches/articles using original techniques/style;make speeches/presentations on controversial/complex topics to mgmt./publicgroups/boards of directors
Ability to calculate figuresand amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,area, circumference, and volume. Abilityto apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
**WorkEnvironment**** **The work environment characteristics described hereare representative of those an employee encounters while performing theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the environment is typical of an open officeenvironment.
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
* Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or anegligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pullor otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most ofthe time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required onlyoccasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
**REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU**
* A choice medical insuranceplans designed to meet your needs
* Dental & Vision insurance
* Life & Disability insurance
* Flexible spending and health savings accounts
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Paid time off - Youll accrue 3 weeks yourfirst year!
* Nine Holidays
* $1,000 Employee Referral Program
* Wellness programs
* Matching 401(k)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Banking and investments plans
* Rewards and recognition programs
* Employee discounts for wellness, auto &owners insurance, wireless service and more
To learn more, visit us at **[www.computershare.com/mycareer](
**Your career is waiting.**
Computershare is an Equal OpportunityEmployer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protectedveteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
**Primary Location: **United States **Work Locations: ** **Job: **Marketing and Communications **Organization: **Computershare Limited **Job Posting: **Sep 4, 2019, 12:14:58 PM Associated topics: advertising, advertising sales, business development, communication, graphic, marketing manager, media, relation, sales marketing, sponsored
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.