Compensation: $139,203.33 - $197,950.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Loading some great jobs for you...
In-House Counsel Position
Hunt Valley, MD
The in-house counsel will be responsible for leading strategic legal initiatives and providing effective advice and support in all labor and employment related matters in the Company. The in-house counsel will play an active role in the review of Human Resources policies and procedures, as well as influence broad corporate policies related to employment law. The in-house counsel will work closely with the CHRO, Corporate leadership and support personnel. The in-house counsel will be responsible for assisting the General Counsel and Human Resources department in the management and handling of all labor and employment related matters in the Company. The in-house counsel will oversee employment litigation and manage outside counsel involvement. The position requires a high energy and enthusiastic attorney with prior experience providing advice, counsel and training to every level of management and HR personnel. Qualified candidates should appreciate and enjoy diversity in their daily work tasks and be comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously. Qualified candidates should also be comfortable working in a sometimes fast-paced and demanding work environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong initiative, integrity, resilience, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Ability to present information to Senior Management and the Board in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Comfortable providing employment related advice clearly and succinctly, from corporate leaders to lower level management.
- Superior organizational ability and time management skills.
- Competence as a lawyer; ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills within and across departments and externally; must be proactive in providing counsel to all levels of Company management.
- Sound judgment; ability to clearly make reasoned recommendations; ability to cross think and determine who should be kept informed.
- Superior public speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Self-starter with good business sense and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness.
Required Education & Experience
- Must have a JD degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to at least one state bar in which you are a member in good standing.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of substantive labor and employment experience with an in-house legal department or law firm.
Other Position Details & Benefits
- Schedule: Full time (Monday Friday)
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, 401(k)
- Team environment
- Salary range: $100K-120K, contingent upon experience
Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.Job Requirements:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide in-house legal counsel on labor and employment related matters, which includes, but is not limited to, human resources issues, wage and hour law, unemployment and other state agency claims, employee relations, employee benefits, employment agreements and policy related issues, FMLA and leave issues, employment related litigation, and generally assists the General Counsel, Employee Relations and Human Resources Department.
- Identify labor & employment related risks, ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies, and provide advice accordingly.
- Preparation of Company-wide HR and employment policies and procedures.
- Independently handle legal matters and projects ranging from the basic to the complex.
- Supervise, manage, and evaluate outside counsel on employment related matters including litigation.
- Investigate EEOC complaints and prepare position statements on behalf of the Company.
- Establish and maintain relationships, credibility and trust with clients, management, stakeholders, legal team members, and other colleagues.
- Ability to educate stakeholders, including all levels of Company management, on legal matters, policies and procedures in a clear, concise, and practical manner, while prioritizing the Company s business interests.
Associated topics: administrator, chief human resource officer, chro, director, guide, lead, leadership, manager, president, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...