Loading some great jobs for you...
Associate visually inspects extruded product for consistent appearance and length according to defined
standards. Associate ensures product consistency and standards including but not limited to proper counts,
packing patterns, packing enclosures and carton construction and labels. Associate packs finished product
into bundles. Associate routes, cuts, sorts and boxes products in accordance with B.O.M. s. Associate
maintains paperwork as required.
1. Visually inspect extruded product for appearance and size defects according to specifications.
2. Conduct recurrent tests/inspections of products functional features.
3. Notify appropriate personnel (Production Associate 3s and 4s, Manufacturing Shift Supervisor) of product defects.
4. Assemble bundles for packaging.
5. Ensure proper packing patterns, product counts, and package enclosures. Ensure that all parts and pieces are in there place in all box programs.
6. Square, band, heat seal and label the packed bundles.
7. Associate can setup and operate Fabrication Department Equipment: Routers, CMM Gang saw, Tiger Saw, Heat tunnel, notchers and Crimpers.
8. Discard unacceptable profiles in Scrap Rack.
9. Identify product that is jammed up in production line and assist as necessary.
10. Identify that line is going down and assist as necessary.
11. Assist with color and product die changes.
12. Perform line shut down tasks.
13. Communicate with previous and following shifts Production Associates about product quality,
problems, and status of work in progress.
14. Perform housekeeping duties as needed.
15. Complete accurately and legibly all line packaging-related paperwork.
16. Identify product not being routed or cut to spec in accordance with line check sheet.
17. Identify product out of spec and able to repackage in proper patterns, color and count.
18. Punch time clock before and after shift to record time worked.
19. Observe health and safety practices when handling start-ups/shutdown strips.
20. Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
1. Maintain supplies at workstation.
2. Communicate with Material Handler(s) to move full bundles.
3. Assist with training of temporaries and new hires in Production Associate 1 positions.
4. Must be able to read draft drawings.
5. Must be able to read tape measures, calipers, micrometers and radius gages.
6. Float to relieve other Production Associate 1s for breaks.
7. Attend weekly shift meetings and monthly All Hands Forum, if required.
8. Actively participate in all plant safety programs.
9. Notify Supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions.
10. Assist with production equipment maintenance.
11. Identify and be able to lend a hand to associates in need of help.
12. Maintain work zones cleanliness and safety.
13. Work with Production Associate 2 on optimizing work flow in the fabrication department.
Education: High School Graduate/GED
Experience: No experience required.
Knowledge: Must be able to read, write and perform basic math skills as job duties require.
Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: Must possess common sense, positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent attendance. Must be quality and safety conscious, a team player. Must be able to work quickly with product and able to lift 86 pounds maximum, able to lift with assistance 87 to 100 pounds, keep colors separate, and record weights accurately. Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to concentrate for sustained periods. Must have good communication skills and be able to interact with people.
Working Conditions: Extensive standing, frequent bending, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, twisting and walking. Extreme weather conditions.
Equipment/Tools Used: Hearing protection, safety glasses, tape measure, sawing glove, reciprocating saw, packing gloves, heat gloves, radius gauges, calipers and inserts.
Safety: Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals. Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions.
Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate s performance appraisal.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...