Head of Performance & Succession
Compensation: $152,135.00 - $152,135.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
The Learning & Organization Development team at Company is responsible for learning & development, onboarding, career management, performance management, talent reviews, and succession planning. We 're looking for a strategic leader to join us on our journey to transform performance management and evolve talent management processes at Company. This role has an exciting opportunity to define and implement the performance management and talent/succession planning roadmaps for the coming years.
You will lead a small and talented team and partner with the Global Head of L&OD, HR Business Partners (HRBPs), other HR Partners, and business stakeholders to drive our performance management strategy. In this role, you will be a senior leader on a newly integrated team and also have the opportunity to contribute to the strategy and roadmap across the full portfolio of projects.
- Program leadership: Own all aspects of the performance management cycle, including creating a culture of continuous feedback and regular check-in conversations. Partner with the Head of L&OD and HRBPs to revamp the talent review process and support the succession planning process, working with Staff (Executive) and the Board. Drive operationally effective processes that deliver a great employee and manager experience. Provide program oversight across multiple workstreams with the support of a program manager and coordinator.
- Cross-functional partnership: Collaborate with and drive a cross-functional team of HR Business Partners, Compensation, and Communications to deliver performance management cycles and talent reviews. Partner with the Learning team to develop employee and manager training. Partner with People Analytics and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to ensure a consistent, fair and equitable performance management process.
- Thought leadership: Be an expert in performance management philosophy and methodology; bring industry best practices to Company and contribute to the longer-term roadmap for performance management and talent/succession planning
- Change management: Act as a change agent and effectively utilize change management methodologies as we transform our performance management process and create a culture of continuous feedback. Manage stakeholders effectively, engage change champions/super users, and help design clear communication and training materials.
- Analytics & measurement: Roll up the outcomes of calibrations/talent reviews and produce executive-level analyses and deliverables, bringing insights, industry benchmarking data, and recommendations. Drive a robust evaluation strategy to measure success and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Technology/vendor management: Partner with HR Technology team to develop the performance management technology roadmap, co-lead implementations, and manage vendor relationships.
- You have 8+ years of experience in talent management or organizational development at a global, dynamic company and/or a leading management consulting firm
- You have 3+ years of experience leading performance management in a global environment; experience leading talent/succession planning a plus
- You have extraordinary project management skills and demonstrated experience leading complex, global programs and processes
- You are a strategic and critical thinker with the ability to take a consultative and data-driven analytical approach to solving complex problems
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong executive presence; you are skilled in packaging and presenting complex analysis and recommendations clearly across all audiences
- You have strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- You thrive in a dynamic, hyper-growth environment; you are comfortable navigating ambiguity and adapting to shifting priorities while still driving impactful results
- You are a collaborator who builds deep relationships and effectively partners cross-functionally with global stakeholders at all levels
- You have experience driving enterprise-level change, including developing business cases and influencing stakeholders
- You are knowledgeable about the performance management technology landscape and have experience managing vendor relationships; experience leading technology implementations a plus
- You have experience managing and coaching a high-performing team
- University degree (BA/BS) required; advanced degree is a plus
Associated topics: administrator, associate director, chief human resource officer, chro, guidance, head, leadership, manager, senior associate, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...