The SVP, Business Development is responsible for motivating and leading the team responsible for generating leads and advancing the lead qualification process for COMPANY. The SVP and their team will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone and email. The SVP will own the team s delivery of the target number of passed, qualified sales leads to the sales teams every month. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of lead generation activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
- A player-coach, the SVP and their team will engage in cold-calling prospects that are generated by external sources of leads as well as self- generated
- Institute and teach best practices for lead generation and qualification to their team.
- Ensure entire team maintains a high-volume of outbound phone calls and emails to new business prospects daily.
- Develop opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin and advance sales process
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Advance leads from stage 0 to stage 1 and pass to sales team member on either SMB, Large Account Team, or Vertical Sales Team as determined by lead definition
- Maintain and expand the company s database of prospects
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert from stage 0 to stage 1 lead for sales
- Overcome objections of prospective customers
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in SalesForce or other current CRM platform
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and COMPANY corporate position
- University or college degree in Communications, Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 4-5 years of direct work experience in leading an inside sales or business development team
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and advance through the sales cycle
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers
- Strong knowledge of marketing and/or sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills
- Able to build and maintain relationships with customers
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Experience with SalesForce or other leading customer relationship management software
Associated topics: analyst, area sales, business, business intelligence, business management, business planning, channel partner, franchise operator, mba, territory manager