The Vice President of Corporate Marketing is a critical leadership role and a key leader within Company to help build the brand and the business. As Company develops a Marketing team and function, this leader is responsible for leading the Brand Marketing team with various projects related to growing and maintaining the health of the Company branded and unbranded businesses to drive growth across all lines of business and target audiences. The primary responsibility will be leading the development of effective brand building efforts both within Company and with their partners. Additionally, this leader will also work to inspire and enable the organization to leverage the Company brand where appropriate. The ideal candidate is passionate about building brands and enjoys working quickly across a complex set of various projects and teams.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Enable the development of effective Brand building efforts
- Review all foundational research to better understand the needs of the different target audiences to improve effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Create foundational building blocks based on previous research and stakeholder interviews so all can understand the positioning and brand essence of the Company Brand.
- Create ownable Brand expressions for all Corporate Marketing activities targeted towards all stakeholders of the organization such as media, investors, strategic partners, etc. and all Marketing activities targeted towards the consumers of the service
- Create the strategic direction, content and goals for all Corporate Marketing and Marketing activities
- Responsible for the overall development from brief to production of all creative assets (videos, digital & print needs, etc.).
- Inspire & enable the organization to leverage the Brand
- Influences the internal organization and Strategic Partners to use the Brand in ways that both help the partners and strengthen their branded Company business where appropriate.
- Represents the voice of the consumer and brand for all internal projects
- Extensive interaction with all other divisions and senior management and other industry executives. Must be able to represent Company to other outside constituents and senior level executives. Able to effectively influence peers and key partners. Exceptional ability to develop strong executive level relationships.
- Comfortable adding value in discussions with senior leadership.
- Strong at forming relationships at all levels both internally and with the key strategic partners.
- Lead and develop staff by managing resources effectively, encourage staff development, provide timely review and feedback. Demonstrated ability to develop team to advance.
- Budget responsibility for the creation of Brand creative assets (videos, etc.).
Expected Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional brand building skills across industries and categories.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, decision quality and ability to create vision for her/his team in complex, ambiguous situations.
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Must be able to present oral and written arguments in a convincing, organized manner, leading to successful negotiations and proficient presentations.
- An effective consensus builder, with the ability to partner with clients and work through strategic and complex issues to arrive at value added conclusions which address business needs.
- High comfort level with analytics and data sources/uses.
- Experience in effectively directing staff in achieving stated objectives, as well as successfully developing staff.
- A practical understanding of marketing strategies, preferably healthcare basics.
- Executive level communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree in the field of Business Management, Marketing, Operations Management or Engineering required. Master s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience developing & executing an enterprise-wide strategy in helping to build the brand and business.
- Preferably the candidate will have experience in the health/wellness services industry.
- Excellent training, interpersonal, communication skills with a credible presentation style.
Associated topics: alumni, cmo, donor, event, government, newspaper, public, regulatory, stewardship, university relationship