Loading some great jobs for you...
SENIOR DEVELOPER ADVOCATE
About our group:
Our mission: to help the world save more of its precious data. Multiple studies have shown that machine learning artificial intelligence, and data analytics are all improved with larger data sets. These methods are what is needed for the world to solve its important challenges from developing vaccines to combating climate change to improving autonomy in driving that saves lives. Unfortunately, however, the IDC projects that 158 of the 175 predicted zettabytes of data produced in 2025 will not be saved. By lowering the cost of storage, we aim to rescue as much of this at-risk 158 zettabytes as possible to provide larger data sets
and correspondingly improved learning, autonomy, and analytics. To achieve this goal, we are harnessing the power of open source software to reduce data center costs. Our group is dedicated to this goal.
About the role:
As Senior Developer Advocate, your role will be central to this important corporate strategy as you will be the public face of our open source initiatives. You will lead, rally, motivate and inspire a community who shares this vision to deliver the world's best overall data center storage solutions optimized for both capacity and performance. In this role, you will evangelize our vision and open source initiatives
via blog posts, hackathons, meet-ups, and code integrations with popular third-party software suites such as pytorch, Map-Reduce, Kubernetes, and Spark for example. No community can be successful without an inclusive culture and you will be responsible for modeling and ensuring inclusive and respectful
community behaviors to promote healthy growth and nurturing of the community. You will represent the external community in internal forums to amplify their voices and smoothly deliver their contributions and ideas appropriately within Seagate. Finally, you will help us develop, implement, and maintain our corporate open source strategy.
Specific tasks you will be asked to perform include the following:
* Liaise with our product management, marketing, and engineer teams as the voice of the community
* Coordinate with our product management, marketing, and engineer teams to deliver consistent messages about our strategies to the community.
* Own and drive community engagements
* Protect the inclusive and respectful culture of the community
* Ensure best practices for our code life cycles (I.e. using modern tool chains, unit tests, etc.)
* Create and implement programs to grow the visibility and influence of our open source initiatives
* Strong programming skills
* Willingness to travel
* Demonstrated competence as a speaker and author of technical materials
* Infectious passion for technology and open source
* Ability to teach anyone anything
* Required Skills Knowledge of open source storage software ecosystem (Hadoop, Ceph and other distributed storage technologies)
* Prior experience as a Developer Advocate
* Building communities around nascent open source technologies
* Driving growth through social media channels
* Implementing devlops and CI/CD
* Interacting with developers in social development platforms
* Preparing code samples, demos, tutorials, and blog posts for a highly technical audience
* Presenting technical sessions in public forums such as conferences and hackathons
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...