Role Summary: Develops a regional product/portfolio strategy including product positioning, market segmentation and targeting and installed base retention. This position is responsible for generating growth for products in a given geography through demand creation and funnel acceleration; and supporting future product planning by identifying market trends, relevant buying centers and personas, and customer needs.
Essential Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. Collecting win/loss & competitive insight on product portfolios at regional level; feedback to global product; recommend and develop marketing programs to adjust product positioning and improve win rate.
2. Collaborating with commercial leadership and global marketing to develop the region market and orders forecast.
3. Ensuring regional marketing plans & execution are aligned with global marketing plan (value proposition, positioning, marketing mix, etc.) to grow orders and share.
4. Providing region input to business cases for products/upgrades that are at concept stage, work with Global Product Marketing to develop, test and prototype new product ideas
5. Employing clinical and industry trend analysis, and market share and competitive analysis relevant to a product / portfolio.
6. Conducting in-depth research to define customer problem statement, success metrics, clinical and economic needs, buying cycles, and personas (to support development of global MRD).
7. Validating global value proposition and messaging and adapt for regional use.
8. Prioritizing and mapping global customer segments and work with Field Marketing on demand creation activities to achieve NPI and business objectives.
9. Working with Field Marketing organization on interlocks, understanding and reacting to win-loss, leveraging demand generation opportunities, providing relevant support for regional campaigns, etc.
10. Developing and supporting product-specific KOLs and advisory boards.
11. Developing regional thought leadership and advertising and promotion strategy in support of demand creation and funnel acceleration activities.
12. Adapting global marketing assets (including sales tools) to ensure that the region commercial organization has the right tools to position and sell product configurations / portfolio effectively.
13. Training direct / indirect sales channels.
14. Identifying and establishing reference and show sites.
15. Developing programs to gather regional evidence of customer success, early adopters, show sites, and clinical evidence where appropriate
16. Coordinating product training for commercial teams by leveraging Global Product Marketing and Global Product Management support
17. Providing commercial teams product knowledge in product use differentiation, positioning and pricing
Qualifications/Requirements: Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Responsible for ensuring legal and regulatory approval of all marketing communications prior to external release
1. Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
2. 3+ years experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
3. Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
4. Team oriented ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
5. Excellent oral and written communications skills