Purpose of Position:
The Senior Director of Marketing will be charged with providing strategic, analytical and tactical leadership of the Marketing discipline for Custom Culinary Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Brand Management: Develop and execute brand strategies defining product and category portfolio. Execute brand plans in keeping with developed brand architecture for Custom Culinary and be responsible for execution against corporate brand strategy framework. Design and implement communication plans for brand and product category communications.
- Customer Management: Manage internal and external customer relationships. Design and lead execution of programs aimed at driving acquisition, penetration and enhanced relationships with targeted segment, channels, operators, distributors and sales agencies. Develop and nurture excellent cross-functional relationships with Sales, R&D, Culinary, Operations and other critical functions.
- Business Management: Responsible and accountable for the management of P&Ls for all product categories. Prepare and recommend financial assessments for new business proposals and ongoing business decisions. Responsible for pricing and related financial decisions on products and categories. Manage and direct marketing budget.
- Strategic Thinking: Develop and execute strategic business plans, in partnership with cross-functional business leaders, designed to drive long term profitable growth.
- Promotions Management: Develop and implement at strategic, analytical and tactical levels promotions designed to promote brands and products to customers and trade for greatest long-term financial results. Develop and manage promotional planning calendar.
- Innovation Management: Responsible for developing innovation plan designed to generate growth for Custom Culinary . This would include new product launches including line extensions, new categories and new market entries. Responsible for coordinating all elements of product mix including market assessment and opportunity identification, product development, packaging, promotions, pricing and distribution.
- People Management: Manage marketing team to ensure optimal performance. Lead, coach and develop direct reports and marketing team. Drive execution against operating and strategic plans through and with associates being managed.
- Monitor scientific and technical developments, industry codes of practice, and relevant legislation applicable to the country of raw material supply, production and finished good destination.
- Responsible for the development and execution of customer retention and growth plans designed to increase Custom Culinary 's presence within current customer base.
- Develop and nurture excellent cross-functional relationships with Sales, Culinary, R&D, Operations, Finance, and other business functions in order to effectively and efficiently move the business forward.
- Align with Sales & Culinary to develop strategic customer development plans designed to drive profitable growth.
- Lead the commercialization process inclusive of project qualification, R&D development oversight and direction, pricing, forecasting, demand planning, sales analysis and reporting, and all facets of commercialization.
- Establish Custom Culinary as an industry though leader through the continued execution of the FlavorIQ platform. Included are one:one and one:many elements.
- Lead the development and execution of internal and external corporate communications and insights strategy designed to differentiate Custom Culinary versus our competitive peers.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company s products and services.
- A minimum of 10-15 years progressively more responsible Foodservice Marketing experience, preferably with a blend of Brand and Customer Marketing related experience.
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing and/or Business; MBA preferred
- Extensive and proven knowledge of Foodservice industry specific to Foodservice Marketing
- A demonstrated track record of driving exceptional customer results and key deliverables
- Proven success collaborating with cross-functional disciplines toward creating operator solutions
Associated topics: ad, chief marketing officer, demand generation, donor, event, marketplace, relationship, solicitation, twitter, university relationship