CAES Research Laboratory Manager
Compensation: $83,860.00 - $193,760.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking applicants for a Center for Advanced Energy Studies (CAES) Research Laboratory Manager. The CAES Research Laboratory Manager provides leadership, management, and technical oversight for CAES research and development, and laboratories. CAES is a consortium of INL, Boise State University (BSU), Idaho State University (ISU), University of Idaho (UI) and University of Wyoming (UW), and is a public/private research center that provides innovative research, promotes energy education to enhance technical capabilities and advance energy science, and provides industry assistance to support economic growth. The CAES Research Laboratory Manager will report to the CAES Chief Operations Officer (COO), and work closely with the CAES Director and the CAES Chief Safety Officer, for successful execution of the CAES mission, vision, goals, and objectives. Responsibilities Include: The focus of this position is on enabling and supporting CAES collaborative research objectives to ensure excellence in the safe conduct of research at the CAES facility. The CAES Research Laboratory Manager roles and responsibilities include 1) evaluating proposed R&D activities, 2) helping to implement new R&D activities, 3) facilitating and mentoring ongoing R&D activities, and 4) working with the CSO to ensure a safe laboratory environment. As an INL employee the individual will serve as a liaison for CAES-INL researchers to ISU and INL Environment, Safety, and Health subject matter experts, and function as the primary point of contact for INL researchers performing R&D at CAES. In conjunction with the CSO, the employee will enable timely project plan reviews for INL researchers and, as requested, other university entities. In addition, the CAES Research Laboratory Manager identifies opportunities for improvement, develops and coordinates training improvements and safety measures for CAES research community, leads efforts to develop, identify and track key CAES performance indicators/metrics. The highly trained individual will advance the development of innovative processes, systems, and tools necessary to conduct high quality work for CAES entities, and report progress and issues to CAES COO and CAES CSO. The CAES Research Laboratory Manager works on complex issues with diverse scope. Reporting to the CAES COO, the CAES Research Laboratory Manager may contribute a portion of their time to projects that require the successful candidate to: 1) deliver solutions to problems requiring a high degree of ingenuity and innovation, 2) understand and convey complex research ideas to an identified target audience, 3) accurately provide solutions to collect, prepare, and analyze relevant data from multiple sources, 4) communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, 5) utilize sound judgement to analyze technical data to plan, create and develop a variety of document types, 6) perform these efforts independently and in team environments to ensure actions contribute to achieving CAES objectives and final products meet management's expectations and needs. This position requires the individual to be a team player and accurately communicate information to the CSO, COO, CAES Associate Directors, and CAES Director to ensure technical, safety and facility accountability for the CAES organization. Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/BA in technical discipline (i.e. engineering, chemistry, industrial hygiene, or industrial safety) degree plus 5 years relevant experience or an advance degree plus 3 years relevant experience.
- Relevant experience should be in one of the following areas: planning and execution of laboratory research, research laboratory/facility operations, experience with non-radiological and/or radiological facilities, engineering expertise in an R&D setting.
- The results-oriented candidate should have experience in working with a diverse research community, tracking key performance indicators, developing presentations and reports, willingness and ability to collaborate effectively in a strong team environment, and the ability to make effective decisions in complex situations.
- Any of the following credentials are highly desirable but not required 1) a B. S. in a physical science based technical or engineering discipline, 2) certified industrial hygienist, 3) certified safety professional, 4) certified health physicist, 5) radiological or glovebox knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- It is preferred that the candidate have experience within a DOE-supported research and development entity or experience in a university setting.
INL Overview: INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions. INL Mission: Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure. INL Vision: Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure. Selective Service Requirements: To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov. Equal Employment Opportunity: Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply. Other Information: When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration. Benefits, Salary, and Relocation: We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit:
Associated topics: agriculture, agrosciences, biodiversity, conservation, ecology, environment, environmental, field, ocean, waste
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...