With its US headquarters located in Malvern, ifm efector is a world leader in the manufacturing of sensors and controls for industrial automation. We have more than 7,000 employees in 70 countries who provide service to more than 165,000 customers around the world.
Our success can be attributed to three guiding principles, which define our culture and character: Employees First, Customer Loyalty, and Safe Growth. With a professional, fast-paced, and collaborative culture, ifm welcomes new ideas and fosters honest communication and trust. Our employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions rather than title or tenure. They drive the company's success by developing innovative solutions for our customers to achieve great results.
\"We have amazing products, but best of all we have amazing people. This is a core value of our success.\" - Roger Varma, CEO, ifm efector
ifm is a worldwide developer and manufacturer of sensors and controls for industrial automation. Our trade show marketing strategy effectively promotes the ifm brand and sensor solutions to targeted markets with a focus on IIoT and the Smart Factory.
The role of the Trade Show/Event Marketing Lead will have the overall responsibility of achieving trade show/events planning and marketing goals to promote ifm's brand and unique value proposition at industry trade shows and events. This position facilitates the design, development, promotion, and execution of events from conception to completion. The candidate will be a contributing member of the Marketing Team and work closely with the CEO, Marketing Communications Manager, Production Coordinator, and Product Marketing Managers to ensure that trade show marketing strategies align with corporate event goals and effectively promote the ifm brand as a leader in sensors and controls for industrial automation. This is a new position with potential growth opportunities.
* Leads the development and execution of trade show programs and marketing campaign strategies to promote ifm and our sensor solutions. This includes organization of trade shows, conferences, conference presentations, association-sponsored workshops, customer events, job fairs and pre- and post- trade show event marketing strategies (e.g. online & offline marketing such as web page, online promotion, print, signage, social media, etc.).
* Creates trade show/event marketing campaigns to generate quality leads, spread brand awareness, and achieve other trade show/event goals and objectives. Write and edit compelling trade show/event marketing content to promote ifm to potential customers.
* Keeps abreast of evolving marketing and industry trends and consults with Product Marketing and Sales Team Managers to recommend best trade show booth to exhibit and determine trade show/event goals.
* Develop an annual strategic plan and a long-term three year strategy. Create, track and evaluate KPIs for trade show/event marketing campaign effectiveness (e.g. analyzing sales leads, conversions and costs to understand most effective marketing strategies).
* Organizes and creates a master schedule for each show; schedules meetings and conference calls as needed for each aspect of the show; handles action items, tracks progress and distributes meeting minutes keeping everyone on track.
* Works with the exhibit house on the strategic layout of each show, seeks demos from ifm global inventory, and confirms that logistics installation as well as dismantling, freight, storage, electrical, lead retrieval etc. will happen efficiently prior to the start of the show.
* Customizes and oversees the layout of the exhibit for each event; has a creative eye for contemporary booth design; secures appropriate displays from ifm global inventory; aware of latest technologies used in venues such as video or digital walls, and recommends eye-catching additions to enhance the exhibit booth with the goal of conveying the \"why\" of ifm products.
* Directs all aspects during an event, ensuring hosting booth duty employees have literature, lead retrieval, and that in-booth presentations go smoothly, demos are working properly, and customer flow is constant and comfortable.
* Travel to trade shows and event required (approximately 25% travel).
* All other duties assigned by the Marketing Communications Manager.
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* 5 to 7 years' experience in B2B Marketing and managing large-scale events/trade shows.
* Passion for marketing and deep understanding of latest trends in digital, social media, influence, guerilla, and event marketing for lead generation.
* Strategic, creative thinker, able to turn ideas into effective marketing campaigns.
* Ability to navigate and use a variety of modern marketing technology platforms, and adapt to new advancements in technology.
* Manages and prioritizes multiple, on-going, competing projects and deadlines.
* Personal innate drive for action orientation and success.
* Networking abilities, negotiation skills, time management, problem-solving, attention to details.
* Adept at juggling short-term needs with long-term goals.
* Demonstrates professional demeanor always.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
ifm efector, inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Associated topics: communication, communication specialist, copywriter, correspondent, headline, journalism, news, newspaper, newsperson, writing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...