Material Handling Specialist
Compensation: $164,410.00 - $164,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Kaman Industrial Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Material Handling Specialist to join our team in Ontario, California. In this role, the Material Handling Specialist supports sales and branch profitability through the design and supply of material handling products and complete system solutions.
Kaman Industrial Technologies, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of industrial products and solutions. We are proud to be a one source network for customers in various industries including food and beverage, power generation, and waste management. With over 150 locations across the United States and four million products and services, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that the ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support sales offices in the West relating to the design, selection and implementation of material handling systems and power transmission equipment (i.e.: conveyor systems, bucket elevators, screw conveyors and related machinery)
- Review customers design specifications, and implement them into the design and selection of the system components
- Researches problems and finds solutions for KIT s customers to meet material handling product needs.
- Recommends material handling product applications, technologies and sources of products to customers to promote value-added sales.
- Provide sales support to sales offices through joint sales calls and presentations on product applications to new and existing customers
- Provides start-up assistance and follows-up with customers to provide on-site engineering assistance and replacement improvements.
- Tracks and monitors results and prepares and communicates regular reports to the manager, engineering services.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
BS in Mechanical Engineering/equivalent technical degree or equivalent work experience.
Experience: A minimum of 2-4 years of application experience with industrial products in a manufacturing/sales environment. Familiarity with distribution industry and KIT products preferred.
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position
- Strong leadership and problem solving abilities
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Able to effectively assess customer needs, and present products and solutions
- Effective time management and multi-tasking
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented and innovative
- Have the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Have a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to visualize a process from concept to development
- Show strong planning, organizational and decision-making skills
- Exhibit strong analytic, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Sales experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge Essential to the Position
- Computer Proficiency MS Office
- Technical Knowledge of Linear, motion control, servo products, motors, drives and other material handling components
- Customer Industry and Market
- Distribution Industry
- Products and Service
- Technically and mechanically minded, strong grasp of engineering concepts
- CAD/Solid works and/or Other Engineering Software
- Travel up to 50%
- Valid Driver s License
- Move up to 50 pounds
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefit program to include:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental & Vision insurance, & Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Paid Vacation, Sick time, & Company Holidays
- 100% tax free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KIT #KDGJob Requirements:
Associated topics: builder, building, engineer, fluid mechanic, hvac, leak, mechanical engineer, pipeline, sheetmetal, thermodynamic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...