Senior Production Manager
KeHE Distributors in Flower Mound, TX
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $153,680.00 - 153,680.00 / Year*
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Senior Production Manager will oversee all outbound functions of operations while leading a team of 150+ employees to ensure customer orders are prepared accurately and efficiently to meet timely dispatch schedules. The Senior Production Manager will oversee various outbound departments such as each-pick, full case selection, perishable selection, replenishment, and loading. The Senior Production Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Operations. While keeping our delivery drivers in mind, our shipping operations team will fulfill customer orders at a high-volume pace by selecting product from inventory replenishing product utilizing RF technology and loading the product into our own fleet of trucks for our drivers to deliver.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of product, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, thoroughness, and condition of shipments.
- Ensures outgoing shipping is prepared to meet timely dispatch schedules.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications.
- Ensures that the daily inspection requirements of material handling equipment are adhered to. To include: reporting issues accordingly.
- Directs movement of shipments from dock(s) to truck(s) or temporary staging area.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders for subsequent submission to inventory control.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Must understand production and be KPI driven.
- Proactive in slotting and/or re-slotting of SKUs.
- Investigate accidents according to Company best practice.
- Proven knowledge of replenishment and ability to manage it in an efficient manner.
- Proven ability to objectively complete performance review forms on subordinates.
- Drive Labor Management Systems and hold teams accountable on engineered standards.
- Proven ability and willingness to take a hands-on approach as necessary, to include safe operation of all in-house powered MHE.
- Ensure Safety and OSHA rules are followed.
- Maintain inventory integrity by employing world-class warehousing and inventory control practices.
- Must maintain and promote sanitation and facility maintenance.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of five (5) years to (7) years of experience of related experience.
- Knowledge of warehouse technology; RF, Warehouse Management Systems, and Labor Management Systems.
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office suites, including advanced skills in Excel.
- Contribute and support to the overall goals of the Operations Department.
- Takes initiative and works well independently.
- Capability of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints.
- Dynamic people leadership skills and highly skilled at mentoring and coaching.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!