Market Director , Ohio
Compensation: $132,500.00 - $132,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Meijer is seeking Market Director talent for Ohio. As a Market Director responsibility includes accountability for retail team members at all levels for a market territory to ensure delivery of the best possible shopping experience for our customers. Delivery of remarkable customer service, leadership, and financial acumen in this position. The Market Director establishes and communicates the goals, expectations, and standards for the market. They must be committed to creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Drive market-level key metrics including sales, profit, customer satisfaction, labor, shrink, safety, and sanitation goals.
- Understand competitive trends in the market; learn the strengths and weaknesses of direct competitors to create and leverage advantages.
- Develop highly collaborative relationships with corporate and distribution partners to effectively execute to strategy.
- Identify gaps in operational results and work with store leadership to determine cause and actions to address challenges.
- Anticipate, identify, and work with Leadership to address people needs including staffing, development, performance deficiencies, retention, and succession planning for leadership in the market.
- Ensure effective execution and compliance by store teams of processes and policies.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years of experience in retail; prefer prior grocery/supermarket experience.
- Multiple experiences at director level or equivalent positions (example: run multiple stores with varying degrees of difficulty; open new store; project champion or roll-out coordinator assignment, turnaround underperforming operation, etc.).
- 5+ years people leadership experience.
- Multi-unit store management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to make ethical and appropriate decisions in unique situations and/or under pressure.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict as well as lead through influence.
- Demonstrated success in solving complex issues across functions using fact-based data and analytics.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business.
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned Region.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledgeable and current in policies, practices, and trends affecting his/her business, organization, or customer. Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
** Career progression will require relocation within the Meijer footprint.**
Associated topics: analyst, cmo, community, festival, lead generation, mba, presale, relation, social media, twitter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...