Supplier Development Specialist
Compensation: $83,113.33 - $192,050.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contribute to the profitability of Metalsa through the execution of supplier development strategies that mitigate risk and generate a competitive, responsive, high quality world-class supply base that supports Metalsa in winning profitable new business and achieving operational excellence.
New Supplier Qualification
- Participate in the supplier sourcing process. Review and evaluate the Metalsa Supplier Business Assessments (MSBAs) provided by suppliers, conduct on-site audits as needed, and develop and facilitate supplier improvement plans as applicable. Maintain accurate files of completed MSBAs and audit documentation.
Supplier Development, Evaluation and Relationship Management
- Support supplier relationship management activities, utilizing supplier evaluation and development techniques that result in a strong, stable, responsive, competitive supply base focused on continuous improvement in current and emerging technologies.
Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Coordinate and ensure the proper flow and execution of the Advanced Product Quality Planning Process (APQP) with assigned suppliers. Lead the PPAP process for engineering changes and new product introductions on supplier parts.
Cost Reduction/ Quality Initiatives
- Participate in cross-functional Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) teams that conduct technical discussions with suppliers and internal operations teams to identify and implement improvements in existing products and processes, using Lean methods to reduce waste.
- Lead the local Operations team in resolving supplier issues that would adversely impact internal operations and/or result in quality or delivery performance shortfalls to the customer through identification, containment, root cause analysis, and corrective action generation and monitoring.
- Ability to access tool capability and tool condition during annual supplier audits.
- Establish follow-up programs for all the information related to improvements and the reduction of overtime, scrap and down times.
- Review supplier tooling maintenance records.
- Verify condition of tool will meet serial life of program
- Review die processes, forming simulations and die designs at suppliers
Records and Confidentiality
- Document activity and retain historical files that are organized, accurate and accessible to designated Metalsa staff as needed, while maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality within Metalsa and with the supply base.
Industrial/ Systems/ Mechanical Engineering, International Commerce or other relevant 4-year degree
o APQP / PPAP
o Core Tools (AIAG)
o ISO TS 16949/ IATF
o ISO 14000 Auditor preferred
o ISO 18000 Auditor preferred
o VDA 6.3 Auditor preferred
2-5 years of Supplier Development or equivalent related experience
2-5 years of automotive industry experience (Commodity Management, Sourcing, Engineering or Quality) related to
Stamping, metal forming, molding and castings, steel, and/or assembly, or similar experience
Ability to review die processes and die designs
Project Management experience in a lead role preferred
Experience and/or training in Lean Manufacturing techniques preferred
Associated topics: autocad, boiler, cae, catia, bsme, design, msme, naval, propulsion, vehicle
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...