Medicaid Product Manager
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus' network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Responsible for administration, development and implementation of the Medicaid Managed Care line of business. Specifically, the Product Owner will administer and deliver a best-in-class business system and operational processes. This individual will be dedicated to interface between the operations team and IT team to establish are improve processes and needs of the business to support an efficient and customer centric process for the member and provider.
The Product Manager represents the business team in prioritizing the features for management, implementation and administration, ensuring clear communication flows back and forth. The individual will help administer and execute the product strategy, established by the Head of Product, that meets the department goals, and ensures adherence to the established process to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Administer & communicate the overall vision, objectives and goals of the line of business including the product requirements, benefits and goals for expansion or improved efficiencies.
* Enables, owns and manages all product related processes within the organization to ensure efficiency, compliance and cost effectiveness, as well as explain and manage new products, expansions, requirements and benefit implementations based on direction from Product leadership.
* Work closely with internal business units such as IT, claims, customer service, medical management, sales/marketing, enrollment & billing, and communication teams to ensure product management and initiatives are appropriately represented and completed.
* Coordinate with sales/marketing and communications staff on product sales/marketing strategy, advertisement and member and provider web and print materials.
* Represent the Medicaid line of business and work closely with external stakeholders, vendors, delegates and other teams to ensure alignment and progress of the product.
* Champion efficiencies and change related to cost effectiveness, organization and effectively manages the implementation of new product initiatives and development.
* Ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives by developing effective interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Identify opportunities for process optimization and redesign that will allow the Plan to accomplish product objectives quickly and efficiently while penetrating the market and aligning with leadership's goals.
* Leads or partners with cross-functional teams to build, prioritize and define product workflows, job aids, policies to organize product requirements, benefits and initiatives.
* Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline required.
* Master's degree in business, healthcare or public administration is strongly preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of product management experience in the healthcare field required.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience at a Health Plan in an operational or marketing role.
* Experience managing teams required.
* Thorough knowledge of management principles and practices, including process and quality improvement methods.
* Broad and deep knowledge of managed care operations, the interconnectivity of diverse and complex functions.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience overseeing a diverse array of managed care product lines of business.
* Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills, demonstrated by ability to identify and use information and data to set goals and priorities, make decisions and measure performance, while considering competing priorities and other perspectives within and outside the organization.
* Excellent writing and verbal communications skills, characterized by the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts to broad internal and external audiences.
* Account Management, Sales and Service-Strategy Development
* Ability to take initiative and think independently.
* Must demonstrate understanding and acceptance of the MetroPlus' Mission, Vision and Values
* Integrity and Trust
* Customer Focus
* Functional/Technical skills
* Written/Oral Communication
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...