Master Production Scheduler
Michael Page in Torrance, CA
- Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations - Marketing Director
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $164,410.00 - 164,410.00 / Year*
- Review and monitor material requirements to identify overdue materials and track and plan material deliveries.
- Develop and monitor Product line build plan to support Sales plan.
- Reduce the generation of slow moving and obsolete materials and finished product.
- Coordinate weekly/monthly production schedules in order to support customer requirements.
- Generate purchase requisitions as necessary to support production requirements.
- Analyze short and long term sales trends to provide accurate forecasting for material purchases.
- Understand role of key suppliers and the supply chain in whole. Develop positive relationships with all outside supplier contacts to enable the most effective planning and purchasing of raw materials.
- Review and coordinate inventory control processes and procedures with operations group to ensure system inventory accuracy. This would include comprehensive cycle count procedure.
- Monitor and review corporate inventory on all identified product lines and complete inter-divisional transfers of goods as required.
- Understand relationship of material availability to conversion of the material within manufacturing to finished goods, and therefore, preparing the most effective raw material plan possible. Purchasing plans should align with corporate inventory objectives and all customer charter needs.
- Confer with appropriate employees to provide and coordinate critical information to support 100% on-time delivery of customer requirements
- Confer with other supervisory or managerial employees to recommend changes in order to minimize or avoid recurring customer quality or on-time delivery issues
- Track inventory turns, schedule adherence, and cycle count accuracy
- Assist the manufacturing department to actively manage the production schedule
- Chair weekly plant capacity meetings.
- Understand Bill of Materials structure, with ability to utilize ECO process and system as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; will consider 5-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in ERP systems, eg. Oracle/GIAC.
- Ability to make timely decisions while including appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Adapt to change in the work environment by dealing with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Excellent math skills required.
- Proficient with Excel
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary, including Saturday's.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Requirement to travel to relevant product line plants required.
Competitive base salary;benefits
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, forklift, fork lift, garden, manage, manufacture, ship, transplant, watering
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!