Compensation: $90,966.67 - $133,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world s largest flooring company and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
The position has several key responsibilities. Qualified candidates must easily adaptable and needs to be able to work at a fast pace. This person must be able to take direction and organize several tasks simultaneously to bring them to completion in a logical sequence.
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently perform the job duties of the Line Inspector, 120 and 550 Forklift Operators and Assistant Operator in Sanding.
- Coordinate the activities of the Sanding Assistant Operator and Forklift Operators and assist them to ensure that material is being processed correctly.
- Coordinate product changeovers, belt changes, and blade changes on the sanding line.
- Identify material leaving the machinery and label it accordingly.
- Perform quality checks in accordance with Customer specs and notify the Sanding Team Leader of any discrepancies.
- Read, understand, and follow packaging instructions for material being packaged.
- Assist with cleaning the saw and packaging areas.
- Assist other personnel in repairing or maintaining the machinery.
- Locate, and check out from the storeroom if needed, supplies needed to perform any of the above functions and notify the Sanding Team Leader of any shortages of materials.
- Communicate any problems or ideas that you have to the Sanding Team Leader.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Sanding Team Leader.
- Observes safe work practices in compliance with the safety policy
- 1 yr experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Able to operate a 550 and smaller forklift often
- Ability to read a tape ruler and micrometer
- Able to use a computer frequently
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
- Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
- Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
- Must be able to use hand tools frequently.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
- Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
- Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit and drive forklift on uneven driving surface.
- Must have vision of 20/50 with corrective lenses if needed.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don t Work participant.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...