Director, Network Engagement & Communications
National CASA/GAL Association in Atlanta, GA
- Industry: Executive Management - Administrative/Operational Support
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $121,510.00 - 167,870.00 / Year*
Director of Network Engagement and Communications
Location: Atlanta, GA
The National Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)/Guardian ad Litem (GAL) Association for Children fulfills society s most fundamental obligation by making sure a qualified and compassionate adult will fight for and protect an abused or neglected child s best interests. The mission of National CASA, together with its state and local members, is to support and promote court appointed volunteer advocacy so that every child who has experienced abuse or neglect can be safe, establish permanence and have the opportunity to thrive. Today, only 35% of the children that have experienced abuse or neglect in the system have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer - The National CASA/GAL organization is committed to ensuring 100% of these children have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer.
Breaking New Ground
National CASA/GAL has developed a new strategic framework that is informing and guiding our efforts through a change initiative which includes the transformation and development of a new business model, and a plan for the future direction of our organization, including the launching of a major Capital Campaign. The National CASA/GAL team that will drive these changes will be strategic thinkers, relationship builders, collaborative decision makers, effective communicators and change leaders. As a part of this exciting time of change and transformation National CASA /GAL Association is seeking a Director Network Engagement & Communications.
The Director of Network Engagement & Communications provides strategic and operational communication guidance and creates communication materials that inform and update the CASA/GAL Network on the vision, mission, strategies and initiatives of National CASA/GAL. The Director will also manage, coordinate and execute all communications to the network to include but not limited to weekly and monthly newsletters, special announcements or policy and procedure changes and updates.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development and refinement of a comprehensive, strategic communications program that effectively communicates the vision, strategy and direction of the organization and compels internal stakeholders to action.
- Develops internal talking points and Q&A for initiatives, policies and/or messaging to the network.
- Prepares strategic messages on topics relevant to the needs of the CASA/GAL Network.
- Develops strategic narratives and white papers on a variety of topics, utilizing intensive research skills and personal knowledge of strategic goals and plans, in order to demonstrate our value proposition.
- Partners with the Executive Communications Officer, the CEO, and the Planning and Research and Analysis team to develop topical white papers that inform the network on the organizational issue areas.
- Works effectively with members of network development, program services and other direct support and network facing functional areas to capture their thoughts and messaging needs. Work with the CEO on her vision and develop effective communications that relay those thoughts and messages to internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for change management communications to the network when new initiatives and policies are introduced
- Prepares, coordinates and approves all network communications on behalf of the organization.
- Develops high quality communications that demonstrates operational excellence and thought leadership and better informs the network of issues and trends in child-welfare internal standards and operational and continuous improvement.
- Develops and distributes weekly, monthly network, state and local program communication and news.
- Works in partnership with program services, planning research and analysis to develop state of state and local program reports annually.
- Manages the membership portal through coordination with functional clusters to ensure that this is a relevant and viable resource for information and tools to enable the development of highly effective organizations and to develop staff and volunteers.
- Seeks opportunities to highlight and recognize the work of the CASA/GAL Association, its network, staff and volunteers through the gathering of stories and best practices.
- Gathers stories of success from local programs and state organizations to highlight externally.
- Enhances the network s knowledge of the expertise and experience of the senior leadership team and builds an understanding of how these teams can better serve the needs of the network.
- Tracks and measures the level of network engagement with communications messaging and makes the required adjustments
- Manages and ensures information moving through the network engagement pathway.
- Markets and promotes opportunities for network members to engage in the work of the National CASA/GAL Association
- Develops standards and coordinates the recruitment, engagement and development of plans in partnership with assigned staff for each Network Committee and Local Council to ensure high levels of network engagement and value in serving on these committees or councils.
- Ensures the consistent dissemination of information and messages for all committees and councils.
- Manages the annual volunteer recognition program and ongoing recognition and highlights of the work being done in the network.
- Develops communications tools that facilitate communication between and within the CASA/GAL Network
- Manages program list serves, technology and other network databases to ensure the effective flow and dissemination of communication to the network.
- Works with technology to develop and manage a CASA/GAL App.
- Works collaboratively across the organization and especially with the communications and marketing team on aligning communications internally and externally
Experience, Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelor s degree in communications, public relations or journalism, and minimum 7-9 years of experience in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job;
- Prior experience building and implementing ongoing executive and internal communications plans working with C-suite executives;
- Familiar with newer electronic methods of communications;
- Willingness to travel as necessary (10% of the time);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with senior level management, staff, and external constituents;
- Demonstrates flexibility, mature judgment and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong ability to approach tasks from a customer service orientation;
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Mail chimp, and media analysis tools;
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Demonstrate the highest quality speech-writing skills
- Demonstrate a mastery of social media.
- Able to lead and develop executive and internal strategic communications strategies and plans.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively internally and externally.
- Work well under pressure with deadlines and be skilled in prioritizing responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, state and local program staff, and other supporters.
- Become a steward and ambassador for the CASA/GAL mission and brand.
- Ability to work across the organization with multiple functions to ensure quality and excellence in the work product
Salary and Benefits:
National CASA offers a competitive base salary plus benefits, generous paid leave, and work/life balance policies. This is a full-time exempt position.
Adaptability Collaboration Integrity Respect Quality Service Stewardship
National CASA/GAL is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with offices in Washington D.C. and Atlanta, GA and is committed to an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. National CASA/GAL has been certified by the Standards for Excellence Institute for ethics and accountability in the nonprofit sector.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to ...@nationalcasagal.org with a subject line of Director of Network Engagement and Communications.
National CASA/GAL Association for Children
100 WEST HARRISON, NORTH TOWER, SUITE 500, SEATTLE, WA 98119
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative support, assist, associate, chief operations officer, facilities, food, operation, operational support
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!