Lead Product development multi-markets (US and EU) projects for Chilled and Frozen for our Vegetarian Meal Solutions category, to deliver innovative and competitive products and processes/systems in time with agreed quality to the business.
• Strong: project management/leadership, stakeholder management, communication & presentation skills.
• High level of culinary processes, technical understanding and scientific knowledge, ability to formulate and develop innovative products.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Lead cross-functional team (Quality Assurance, Engineering, sensory, etc.) that will deliver project in time with agreed standards.
• People development: Promoting a team building atmosphere, coaching and create team motivated spirit
• Timing and controlling of resources planning and budget.
• Communicate and manage risks and opportunities of the project, drive problem solving activities.
• Incorporate knowledge of food manufacturing facility practices and manage project following NPDI/NQMS (safety, legal compliance, GMP, USDA, etc.) including appropriate documentations (experimental reports, trials, technical plan, specification etc.)
• Drive NHW in projects.
• Manage internal (Department heads, Leadership Team) and external (Marketing, Operations) stakeholders through agreed communication plan and provide guidance based on project objective.
• Protect intellect assets for projects in collaboration with patent Attorney
Product developer, Technical Knowledge
• Leverage solid product development skills and creativity to assess technology/ingredients.
• Exhibit innovation in discovery, evaluation of new technologies which can have significant impact on new product, improved products or processes, and /or capital avoidance.
• Leveraging an understanding of analytical testing, statistics, sensory testing in the development of new product
• Connect and consult with Ingredient supplier and equipment vendors, propose new materials/processes/equipment that deliver new benefits and in line with project objectives.
• Planning and coordinating pilot plant, manufacturing plant tests, scaling up from lab to Pilot plant to final industrial scale.
• Network with specialist of the same area and within Nestle and NPTC FOOD, partner with various businesses, to leverage relevant science and technology to support project progress.
• Understand the product category, consumer insights, stay updated on competitors activities both commercial and technical.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• Master’s Degree or PhD. in food science and technology, food Engineering, Agriculture Chemistry.
• Minimum 5 years of Food industry Experience in product development, research and development role.
• Proven project management and organizational skills
• Excellent project management and Team Leadership Skills
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to lead multiple and complex projects in cross-functional environment, while delivering significant business results
• Excellent organizational Skills
• Flexible and devoted team player
• Ability to travel globally up to 50% of the time