Lead Counsel, Corporate M&A
Compensation: $130,723.33 - $147,580.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
- Act as lead counsel on mergers and acquisitions, project development and financing transactions.
- Handle significant legal matters to facilitate business growth, ensure compliance and minimize risk exposure.
- Provide strategic legal advice to the executive Business Development team.
- Negotiate and draft agreements and other documents on behalf of the company.
- Prepare, review and interpret routine and non-routine legal documents, including complex transaction agreements.
- Develop and embed best practices, including form agreements and guidance to enhance efficiency.
- Work closely with others in Legal department and senior executives.
- Work closely with other departments within the company including Business Development, Accounting, Finance, Tax and Operations.
- Anticipate and respond to legal issues that could impact the company.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Legal Department management.
- Manage external counsel per company and Legal policies.
- May provide leadership guidance to junior level attorneys.
- May provide leadership or represent the Company in industry, professional and community affairs.
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and minimum 10+ years of corporate transactional experience in all aspects of due diligence, risk assessment, drafting and negotiating transaction documents for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Developed sense of judgment, risk management skills and ability to balance business needs, regulatory obligations and reputational risks in an objective, practical way; demonstrated ability to both grasp the'big picture and attend to details.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced business environment and drive complex projects to completion.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization.
- Upstream E&P, Midstream/MLP experience preferred.
- Extensive M&A transaction experience (asset deals, equity acquisition, etc.)
- Experience in-house or at a top-tier law firm is preferred.
- Self-starter with an accountable working style.
Noble Energy does not sponsor employment-based visa petitions for this role.
Noble Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, internal development, compensation and promoting applicants and employees. We care about each other, and are committed to a culture of respect and inclusion. All employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other legally protected classes. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee s and applicant s disabilities.
No relocation assistance provided
Associated topics: bi, business, business analytic, business systems analyst, examiner, financial analyst, forecasting, refine, refinement, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...