THE JOB / Account Trainee
Are you passionate about learning how agencies structure contracts? Do you love the idea of being involved in strategically partnering with sponsors to craft an incredible event for the community? Our team is excited to add an Account Trainee. Could this be your next move?
You are a highly organized, hard-working sales & marketing support specialist eager to join our events team. Working directly with the Tournament Manager and the event staff, you will be involved with supporting the day-to-day preparation and execution of a multi- day event involving celebrity golf Pro-Ams, community food events and a large gala dinner in Providence, Rhode Island.
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Sales support inclusive of deck development, sponsorship fulfillment, contract creation & execution
- Support fundraising efforts through recruitment of auction partners
- Ensure sponsor/partnership elements are properly activated at event site
- Support project manager and creative department to ensure all necessary promotional materials, collateral, etc. are on target and on time
- Support implementation of media plan including fulfillment of all elements included in each partnership
- Compile necessary documents to include in tournament recap decks
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.Qualifications
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- A desire to support partner relationships including vendors and suppliers
- Capacity to become an expert on client's brand and the state of client's industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve and work efficiently under pressure while working as both part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Collaborative in nature with a \"no job is too small\" attitude to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed.
- Ability and flexibility to weekend/holiday work as needed approximately 25%
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.