Product Manager - Peer-to-Peer Software Platform
OneCause in Mount Vernon, IN
- Industry: Information Technology - Project And Product Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $107,780.00 - 166,990.00 / Year*
About Product at OneCause
The OneCause product team is growing and improving the way we work every day. Our task is to develop a software platform to help nonprofits raise money as effectively as possible. Today we do that through incredible event experiences, mobile messaging, and peer-to-peer (P2P) fundraising.
The product group at OneCause is organized into cross functional teams that have everything they need to deliver delightful and valuable products. Each team works from clear product objectives and has the autonomy to focus on how to best reach the outcome of each objective. With this freedom comes great responsibility and ownership. Each of these teams are actively discovering the most meaningful customer problems and delivering excellent software solutions.
As Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers...
We believe innovation is required for growth
We believe the best way to learn is by shipping (often)
We will not compromise quality (in code or design or product decisions)
We focus relentlessly on the customer not the competition
We believe in "less but better"
We believe trust and autonomy is required for great product
We aspire to the principles of the Agile Manifesto
Product Management at OneCause
Product management is a critical function for the future of OneCause. OneCause as a software product company will thrive or flounder based on the value of the products we deliver and their success in the market. Our organization is dependent upon valuable, usable, and feasible software. As a product management team, our job is clear: help OneCause ship the right products to our customers and users. Within that simple statement is a load of complexity. We first must help. We are as effective as our leadership not our authority. We are helping the entire company not just our teams and department. We must relentlessly focus on shipping and moving things to done. We are not project managers, but we recognize the importance of sequencing and process to success. However, shipping is not enough. The products we ship need to be the right products for our customers. This is the hardest part and the bulk of the role. It is said that behind every great product is a person. We are those people.
At OneCause we are building a robust product management practice and team. We are looking for smart, conscientious, and motivated people who want to master delivering meaningful products to the world. This role is for experienced PMs who have a track record of building successful software solutions with product teams.
The Product Manager role is a complex role that covers a wide range of responsibilities and activities. It comes with incredible influence and responsibility. You will work directly with engineers, stakeholders, and customers to shape the future of OneCause products. This role is targeted for individuals who have experience in the role and have a broad set of experiences that have prepared them to be capable of the entire lifecycle of a product from customer discovery to final software delivery. A successful PM at OneCause should have a mastery of many skills and experience operating in a progressive product operation.
As a product manager, your day will consist of three distinct modes. The first is functioning as a teammate. At OneCause we have independent and autonomous product teams that consist of engineers, a product designer, and a product manager. You will work with this team to discover and deliver the right product. The second mode is as an individual. You will need to get inside your own head and synthesize the information and context you've collected in order to ask the right questions, foster great decisions, and sometimes make critical decisions. This requires individual study and work to build models and frameworks for the problem at hand and think about the vision of the future. Lastly, you will work as an ambassador to the rest of the company and the market. You need to understand customers and develop shared understanding with marketing, support, sales, and the rest of OneCause.
- Deeply understand the market, the customer, and the product
- Facilitate the customer and product discovery process
- Ensure the team has as much context as possible to help make great decisions
- Decide what the team will build and be able to explain why
- Document decisions for the team and the rest of the organization
- Solve internal problems that get in the way of product success in the market
- Influence and help refine product objectives for teams (using OKR framework)
- Write product opportunity documents that form the foundation for cross functional awareness of product execution
- Initiate and participate in the design process for specific product opportunities
- Document and refine user stories as solutions emerge and help ready them for development
- Gather feedback and facilitate stakeholder input to the product process
- Participate intimately in the software development process and be available to the team to give guidance at any time
- Track progress against goals
- Motivate and inspire the team to stay focused on the customer and their most important problems
- Grow the OneCause P2P business
- Master understanding of the P2P product
- Become the single point of contact that unifies all P2P efforts across departments
- Own the vision for P2P within the broader OneCause platform strategy
OneCause provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OneCause complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
 "Behind Every Great Product - Silicon Valley Product Group." Accessed 8 Dec. 2018.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* Estimated salary