Director, Marketing Analytics and Customer Insights
Lumber Liquidators Richmond Office, 5211 W Broad Street Ste 200, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America Req #8072
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Lumber LiquidatorsA GREAT place to work!
With more than 400 locations, Lumber Liquidators is North Americas largest specialty retailer of hardwood flooring. Our associates drive our success through a commitment to providing customers with the highest quality product at the lowest prices. Lumber Liquidators offers excellent career growth opportunities. Other benefits include a low premium medical plan, paid holidays and time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer match that is immediately vested, and a casual work environment.
This individual will be a dynamic and hands-on leader to spearhead and evolve the Marketing Analytics function at Lumber Liquidators. The Director of Marketing Analytics & Customer Insights will develop and lead a consolidated enterprise strategy for capturing, analyzing and leveraging customer and marketing performance data to help LL Flooringachieve its growthand profitability strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the effort to analyze and optimize our marketing plans and investment initiatives across all channels
- The primary focus will be on the attribution of digital (e.g., digital display, website, email, social etc.) and offline (TV, radio, direct mail) together to drive traffic and higher margin sales
- This leader will partner with an outside agency by providing hands-on leadership and support to ensure proper experimental design and implement timely tracking, resulting in insights and learnings that are actionable and used to improve future marketing programs
- This leader will be a key stakeholder and hold accountability for helping to transform the business and brand by leading a vision for driving revenue and growth across Retail, Pro and Ecommerce channels by opportunities, utilizing data science and predictability outputs, and driving fundamental shifts in marketing strategy
- Serve as a leader by providing strategy, insights, and guidance around measurement, campaign analytics, reporting, and proprietary primary data research and secondary data products
- The role requires analytics leadership, the ability to set up, lead and read test initiatives, translate data and insights into relevant stories that lead to actions that enhance company performance and revenue growth
- The Director will advise the CMO, SVP Digital/eCommerce and CCEO with an independent point of viewof the future drivers of the business in sales, profit and service based on the collective review of data from cross functional leaders
- Work in conjunction with agency measurement partner to develop deep understanding of enterprise value in marketing channels to turn insights into actionable outcomes that influence strategies and business outcomes
- Lead the effort to develop and apply advanced analytics including customer segmentation and media mix/multi-touch attribution modeling in partnership with outside agency partner
- Use creativity and vision to go beyond the current tools and identify solutions to problems that will drive new strategies and business results
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across functions and levels to achieve business objectives and drive strategic change to help drive discipline and rigor in business planning and optimization by working with other key analytics partners.Understand the interrelationships between different parts of the organization and develop, encourage and leverage synergies with other work groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent budget management and retail math skills
- Conduct routine audits; take corrective and preventative action as necessary
- Proactively assist team members, managers, associates and customers as needed
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively problem solve by analyzing situations and applying creative and timely solutions
- Ability to interpret service industry license, insurance and permitting requirements.
- Ability to interpret consumer and independent contractor contracts.
- Ability to use search engines and other internet tools to gather data.
- Ability and experience obtaining results through an independent contractor business model.Ability to achieve and obtain results without directing the manner and method of the work being performed by contractors.
- Change Management Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task-at-hand, adherence to Company policies and requirements while consistently delivering error free results.
- Leads by example in following the Company Code of Business Conduct (Ethics), all applicable tenants of the Lacey Act and all other applicable laws, policies and procedures.Immediately reports all concerns to the appropriate party.
- Bachelors Degree (B.A. / B.S.) from accredited four year college or university, required; concentration in Marketing or Advertising, preferred
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- Academic background in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, quantitative analytics, or related field; Advanced degree preferred
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- 6- 10 years of experience in marketing department/advertising agency; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with media mix modeling and multi-touch attribution modeling
- 10+ years of increasing and relevant experience in an analytics function. We are a hands-on group and the expectation would be to get granular based on business needs and executing the detailed tasks with limited guidance
- 4+ years' experience in managing digital marketing channels, e.g., Display, SEM, SEO, Email, and Affiliates as well as offline channels (television, radio and direct mail; loyalty program experience a plus)
- Marketing Experience in retail or related home improvement categories
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills, evidenced by expert knowledge in statistical analysis, segmentation, descriptive and predictive modeling
- Experience with Marketing Mix Modeling: specific to digital & offline channels, optimizing the performance, level of spend and providing direction to media partners. Experience with multi-touch attribution a plus
- Proven market research, testing, consulting and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities. Ability to make data and insights relevant to audiences that need to apply those insights to their functional area within the enterprise
- Proven ability to scope technical requirements for delivering measurement/analytics plans and products
- Proven leadership skills, evidenced by obtaining results through cross-functional teams in different geographies and cultures
- Proven leadership and hands-on delivery of marketing analytics, including identifying how to solve complex problems with data and communicate insights to diverse stakeholde
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative media research tools like Nielsen, Arbitron, RADAR, Simmons, etc.
- Database skills: ability to plan and pull lists from database; pull and evaluate results from campaign mailings, etc.
- Lumber Liquidators Richmond Office, 5211 W Broad Street Ste 200, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Associated topics: alumni, care, community, event, major gift, marketing, mba, presale, social media, twitter