Job TitleDirector, Strategy and Business Development
In this role, you have the opportunity to lead strategic business initiatives including the annual strategic planning process, business development plan and advanced development portfolio for the Peripheral Vascular business for the Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGTD) business.
You are responsible for
* Providing strategic leadership and partnership - Serving as the strategy partner to business unit leaders supporting achievement of business objectives through Segment strategy, business development and advanced development plans.
* Partnering with IGTS, IGTD and Segment strategy teammates in achieving the IGT value proposition.
* Facilitating business strategic plan development - Leading and facilitating our cross-functional short term and long term strategic plan for the Peripheral Vascular business.
* Coordinating the PV business elements of IGTD strategic plan (SPOR) and alignment with IGT and IGTS peripheral vascular disease strategies.
* Ensuring plans are driven by unmet customer needs, market adoption analyses, competitive intensity and IGT value proposition.
* Leading our portfolio prioritization process - Directing the upstream and clinical team in developing business cases for current and future projects and driving ultimate portfolio prioritization and investment decisions for the organization.
* Providing critical direction to Strategic Insights - Ensuring the Strategic Insights team provides market intelligence, manages the PV market models, summarizes competitive intelligence and manages 3rd party data and analysis. Provides indirect leadership to this team ensuring alignment with business needs.
* Coordinating the PV management team input to the IGT Business Development Team - As part of the strategic plan of the business, provides critical insights and direction in organic and inorganic business decisions.
* Working closely with our Business Development director in technology and market analysis of new opportunities.
* Participating on the Peripheral Vascular Management Team - Collaborating and partnering with other members of the PV management team in ensuring short term and long term business success; serving as an important business leader in the organization.
* Providing strategic and marketing guidance to our Advanced Development/Research portfolio - Providing strategic direction to Advanced Development Team ensuring alignment with unmet customer needs and providing direction to critical research in new and expanded areas.
* Developing important KOL relationships - Developing our KOL relationships and advisors critical to understanding unmet clinical and healthcare business needs and helping determine appropriate organic and inorganic opportunities.
* Liaising with our global IGTD and IGT strategy and business development partners - Maintaining a strong relationship and partnership with strategy and BD teammates globally and across IGT.
* Living the IGTD Values - Bringing to life every day the IGTD specific Philips cultural values including Customer First (We develop products we are proud to use on our loved ones; We are dedicated to the passionate pursuit of improving lives), Eager to Win (Bring enthusiasm and drive to everything we do; Relentlessly pursue excellence), Take Ownership (We are they; we are the solution; Celebrate the wins, own the misses), Team up to Excel (Anticipate each other's needs, Harness the power of us) and Always Act with Integrity (Right things, right now; Quality is our way of life).
You are a part of our dynamic, strategic marketing team and have the critical role to partner closely with the general manager of the PV business and the leaders of upstream marketing, downstream marketing, clinical, regulatory, reimbursement and R&D.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
* Understanding of business strategy and critical role of vision, analytics and aligned strategy in driving business success
* Consistently work with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business
* Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas
* In-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company's goals
* Broad responsibility and significant operational latitude. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters
* Understanding of the business development (acquisitions) process and ideally experience in these types of deals.
* Collaborative spirit. Given the significant influence management and cross functional team alignment, must enjoy working as part of a high performing, enthusiastic team.
* Ability to interact effectively with executives and all levels within the organization
* Ability to work within a matrixed environment balancing needs of multiple stakeholders
* 10+ years' experience in marketing and/or strategy; med tech experience preferable
* Bachelor's degree in business, MBA preferred
* International experience; cultural sensitivity
* This role is based in Minneapolis, MN
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-###-####, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to ...@philips.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)