PURPOSE: To contribute to the growth and profitability of the corporation by providing accurate financial information, meaningful and insightful analysis of performance and business issues, establishment of corporate policies, protection of corporate assets, implementation of business development and strategic initiatives and development of personnel.
SCOPE: Provide planning and analytical support to all Resource Center Departments groups that oversee all the Ratner Companies brands. Take primary accountability for the management of performance reporting, annual budget, strategic planning, ongoing forecast processes, and Emerging Business development.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Budgeting and Planning Facilitate budgeting and planning process, budget adjustments and administer the budgeting and planning system. Ensure an effective, inclusive and transparent budgeting process for all Ratner Companies brands and RC departments, including Revenue, Cost of Goods, Operating Expenses, Capital Expenditures and impact on compliance with bank covenants and other obligations. Ensure all budget adjustments are done accurately, timely and are fully communicated and documented.
2. Reporting Lead standard and ad hoc reporting of performance for Ratner Companies and all Brands. Support the accounting group in the financial close process and departmental variance review. Develop reporting capabilities utilizing the Microstrategy and Lawson platforms.
3. Strategic Planning Assist in the annual Strategic Planning process by gathering reports, analyzing economic and industry landscape and evaluate risks and opportunities. Support the ongoing tracking and development of Strategic Imperatives.
4. Analysis Assist all areas of Ratner Companies in analyzing financial, HR, marketing, operations, real estate, legal and other data as needed.
5. Emerging Business Support various Emerging Business and development as needed
6. Forecasting Support Long and Short term forecasting activities for Ratner Companies and all brands.
7. Education/Support Evaluate and recommend efficiencies through process improvement activities, system changes, policies etc. Provide education and training support to RC departments on various topics.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: -Manage vendor relationships. -Assist in setting Finance department policies and procedures. -Lead and develop Associate (team of 3-4).
QUALIFICATIONS: -Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Similar. CPA or MBA a significant plus. -Experience: ideally 5+ years of Finance/Accounting experience with supervisory duties. Preferable experience in multi-unit retail environment. -Equipment/Computer Software: Excellent Microsoft Office Suite including advance Excel required. Lawson, Microstrategy and Budgeting & Planning software experience a plus. -Certifications: CPA, FP&A, CTP or other equivalent a plus. -Skills and Abilities: Must be able to effectively explain and discuss detailed/complex information over the phone and in person with all levels of internal and external personnel. Strong interpersonal and relationship building and ability to negotiate or resolve problems and to motivate positive performance.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.