Associate Director, Publications Management (General Medicine)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This position will require strong scientific background and extensive publication management experience. He or she will work with company scientists and other internal stakeholders, study investigators and authors, external pharmaceutical company partners, and medical communication agencies in leading cross-functional publication teams for one or more therapeutic areas for the development of scientific publication plans (covering research manuscripts and conference presentations) and their execution. Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders in a pharma company setting and manage publication vendors is required. Previous experience writing manuscripts needed.
Lead cross-functional publication teams (together with other pharma partners) to develop, manage and execute the publication plan of one or more therapeutic areas. This will involve the timely and efficient planning, development, and submission of clinical manuscripts, abstracts, and scientific meeting presentations, all in partnership with company teams and publication vendor, and with external collaborators, scientists, and medical experts.
Guide and oversee publication vendors, contract writers and editors, draft budgets, and travel to scientific conferences as needed.
Minimum Years of Experience: At least 6 years in medical communications or publications management, of which 2-3 years must have been spent in independently leading cross-functional publication teams to develop and execute therapeutic area-specific publication plans. Some or all of this experience must be from a pharmaceutical company; additional experience in a medical communication agency is a plus.
Education: MS in a Life Sciences is required; PharmD or PhD preferred
- Must quickly develop a firm scientific understanding of the therapeutic area(s) covered; additionally, should possess an understanding of clinical study design, statistics, and pharmaceutical research and development. In this regard, must be familiar with statistical analysis plans and clinical study reports.
- Will lead cross-functional publications teams, create and update publication plans, and provide summary reports to stakeholders periodically. Should be able to guide and oversee publication vendors, contract writers and editors, and be familiar with drafting publication budgets. Prior use of publication software (e.g., Datavision) would be helpful.
- Prior experience writing manuscripts, abstracts, posters on behalf of authors is required.
- Excellent knowledge of and compliance with Good publication practices, ICMJE guidelines, CONSORT, Sunshine Act, etc. are needed.
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner, are important. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Additionally, exemplary professional interaction with internal stakeholders and external authors is expected.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
An important note about privacy: Regeneron is committed to your privacy and will not ask for sensitive personal information such as social security number, date of birth or bank account details via email or social media. We do not interview candidates on Google Hangouts. Any questions about job listings can be directed to ...@regeneron.com. We also do not hire for 'at-home data entry' positions.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...