Research & Development Engineer (Weyauwega)
Compensation: $89,540.00 - $186,880.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Join Reynolds Consumer Products a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career and make a positive impact? Then we have an opportunity for you! We are searching for a Research & Development Engineer for our facility in Weyauwega, WI.
As a Research & Development Engineer, you will coordinate all aspects of research and product development projects as needed to successfully complete major projects within time and budget constraints using independent action and personal judgment. You will also be responsible for finding and resolving issues as well as supervising engineering technicians.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Product and process development project work to meet Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, and Quality initiatives.
- Provide engineering direction and support to plant facilities/operations during new product/process scale-up, including capital projects.
- Assist with setup, implementation, and data analyses of statistically designed experiments and process controls, including, but not limited to hands-on lab analysis, equipment set-up, and trial work.
- Develop communications with suppliers for the purpose of researching new materials or equipment for process improvements.
- Work with Production Scheduling and plant personnel to coordinate downtime for equipment moves and/or R&D trials with minimal impact to production.
- Interface and work side-by-side with Corporate and Plant technical and production team members to evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements and new developments in a timely manner.
- Initiate, coordinate, and provide training and documentation to plant operations personnel on new equipment, processes, and procedures.
- Develop specifications and test procedures based on customer requirements, cross-functional team input and capability results.
- Ensure that all R&D data is properly documented and communicated. Record ideas and generate non-disclosure forms for potential patent concepts. Work directly with legal counsel to fully develop ideas into patents.
- Maintain working knowledge of new extrusion and manufacturing equipment and techniques. Recommend and implement new technology as needed.
- Work safely in a manner that protects and promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
In this exciting role, you will directly impact the business through your ideas, research, and development of solutions and be part of a high performance team in a niche marketplace.
You will love it here if
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable thinking outside the box
- You are independent but also work well with a high performance team
- You are a strong leader and are able to influence and inspire others with your vision
We need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (ME or ChE preferred).
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Proficient MS office computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency with CAD and/or Flow Simulation software for equipment design preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work in other Presto locations for new product/process scale-up (10% or less).
Icing on the cake:
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Polymer blown film extrusion experience
- Experience with physical and analytical test methods for polymer films and resin
Want to know more? Check out our website or connect with us on LinkedIn!Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Apply today to join a fast-growing innovative company!
Not a good fit but know someone who is? Please refer them!
Local candidates only, no relocation assistance available
Loading some great jobs for you...