Research And Development Manager
SelectOne in Buffalo, NY
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $140,680.00 - 157,310.00 / Year*
About the Company Hiring: Our client is a leader in the plant biotechnology industry.
About the Job: As the Research & Development Manager, you will be required to:
- Effectively communicate complex scientific concepts and projects to executive staff and to other non-scientists
- Prepare manuscripts; abstracts, posters, and slides for presentations
- Lead assigned projects, from inception to completion.
- Implement and Monitor Continuous Improvement (CI) projects.
- Project management tools, Lean and Six Sigma training.
- Develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely) plans
- Manage assigned tasks achieving specified timelines and budgets
- Deliver appropriate and timely communications with all project stakeholders across multiple projects pipelines
- Keep colleagues informed of industry news relating to altered nicotine tobacco plants and enhanced cannabinoid hemp/cannabis plants
- Master s degree in a scientific discipline from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated ability as a thoughtful, critical writer able to translate scientific concepts business language
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools; proven experience in resource management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- At least 3-year experience in R&D function in a private company
Salary: $80,000+ base salary plus bonus.
Job Status: Direct Hire
* Estimated salary