Our client, a high profile public technology company has exclusively engaged Solutus Legal to assist the executives with their search for a skilled business-oriented transactions attorney. This attorney will report to the Vice-President & Associate General Counsel Go-to-Market and North American Operations (a great mentor and an expert in her field!).
The ideal candidate will possess 3 - 5+ years of transactions experience. In house experience is a plus, but our Client is also interested in law firm associates from high quality law firms. Local candidates only (San Francisco Bay Area). Compensation is highly competitive.
This is not your cookie-cutter commercial role moving deals. This attorney will be heavily involved in the Go-to-Market process, practices and ecosystem in the organization - and will support the worldwide rollout of new business models. S/he will serve as a business partner and advisor to internal clients. In addition, this candidate will review current agreements to assess impact on the organization and to propose solutions. Involvement in complex commercial drafting and negotiating with customers will be a part of the role.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and interest in technology with substantive experience in software licensing as well as commercial familiarity. Strong knowledge of intellectual property law (either through work experience or course work) is required. Strong business analytical skills and business acumen are a must. Our client is willing to consider retooling a corporate attorney with a strong IP or technology background.
The following skills are required: a \"can do\" attitude, exceptional work ethic, responsiveness, reliability, high EQ and relationship building.
* Serving the primary legal point of contact for our Client's key ecosystem relationships. Involved in day to day tasks and supporting strategic initiatives for supporting these relationships.
* Working with internal relationship supporting teams to develop and implement efficient processes for handling of data and contract requests.
* Partnering with overseas legal team and serving as the ecosystem partner expert for the North America legal and sales teams.
* Partnering with R&D, Finance, and Sales Operations to drive the creation of templates and sales practices to support new business models for our Client's technology.
* Legal business partner to business teams such as the marketing team and primary support for our Client's participation in industry standards.
* Providing support on sales transactions and other legal projects as requested.
This position will provide the successful candidate with the immediate opportunity to positively impact business and become an important contributor to the Company's success. Strong mentoring and career advancement will be offered.
Simply put, this is an incredible opportunity.
Solutus Legal has been engaged on an exclusive basis to conduct this search. Interested candidates must submit their resumes directly to Solutus for consideration to ...@solutuslegal.com.
Associated topics: attorney, business, compliance department, compliance office, corporate attorney, counsel, court, internal, lawyer, market