Staff Accountant (Public Accounting)
Compensation: $110,750.00 - $90,940.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Summit Accounting Solutions is looking for a knowledgeable Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing ensemble accounting and wealth management practice in Colorado Springs.
This position is responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. The ideal Senior Staff Accountant will have experience with all phases of a public accounting firm, including but not limited to the presentation and strategic thinking capabilities applied to tax planning and tax return preparation, the technical review of individual, corporate, partnership, and fiduciary tax returns, and monthly financials. The expectation is that the Senior Staff Accountant will train and share knowledge with team members and participate in the internal mentoring of other team members. Salary commensurate with experience
- Thompson Reuters NetSuite, UltraTax, Fixed Assets, Workpapers CS and Accounting CS experience a plus
- Proficiency with computer programs, including MS Office Suite and accounting software; ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software and new technology
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment
- Works well in a fast-paced / deadline driven environment
- Excellent client service skills: reliability, integrity in verbal and written communications
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor or master s degree from an accredited university or comparable work history
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent license preferred or pursuing
- 3-5 years experience in public accounting
Limited travel required for company meetings, training, and occasional meetings at client locations. The employee must be able to travel independently on an infrequent basis, including some overnight stays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Potential for managing a group of clients with intent to pursue career of managing a tax and accounting practice
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information, preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Prepare accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the company
- Establish records of accounts and input entries into to proper accounts
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies
- Prepares individual tax returns and basic corporate, partnership and S-Corp returns
- Prepares basic amended returns, personal tax projections, property tax returns, sales tax returns, use tax returns, and payroll tax returns
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures, recommending changes
- Mentor and shares knowledge base and provide training with bookkeeping staff
- Review and publish bookkeeper prepared financials to client portals
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, including interacting with clients on a regular basis and leading client meetings
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
At Summit, we believe the services we provide is more than a profession; it is our calling. Our team of employees is driven by the deeply held conviction that, at Summit, we are not merely providing financial advice; we are guiding people towards reaching the life they desire. It is this conviction and expertise, along with our customized, holistic approach to financial planning, wealth management, tax planning, and accounting services that helps our clients 'reach their Summit,' both personally and professionally.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...