Summary: We are working with a global manufacturing organization that markets and distributes sophisticated industrial grade products. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on their next Product Manager. The product manager manages existing products and new product development by working closely with operations, sales, marketing, and engineering to set strategy & direction for the business line.
Summary of the Product Manager:
- Manages the entire product life cycle
- Drive revenue growth through product life cycle management
- Plan, lead, and manage the process of introducing new products to the market
- Own the vision as the market continues to evolve and make necessary adjustments based upon market changes, technology implications, customer needs, and competitive position.
- Works with category strategy teams to develop sales forecasts for annual plans and new product introductions accurately and effectively.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics for the product lines making any necessary adjustments to meet goals and objectives.
- Works with Pricing teams to develop and implement appropriate and effective global pricing strategies.
- Understands the strengths and weaknesses of competitor s products and strategies via competitive data gathering and capture. Creates effective gap analysis summaries.
- Stays current on market direction and drivers through a variety of means including direct interactions with customers, outside suppliers, partners, and industry contacts.
- Ensures all the necessary product and technical information and content for the introduction of new products.
- Partners with Sales team to prepare customer facing team(s) on product line(s).
- Bachelor's or Master s degree in Engineering or a related field and three (3) to five (5) years relevant experience in product management required
- Demonstrated product management and product marketing experience.
- Strong financial management skills
- Basic knowledge of continuous improvement techniques, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision, and supervise, train and coach subordinate personnel.
- Travel: 25%