Dir. Business Development
The E.W. Scripps Company in Washington, DC
- Industry: Executive Management - Sales/Business Development
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $145,640.00 - 145,640.00 / Year*
The responsibility of this role is to drive and close new strategic partnerships and new revenue, within the E.W. Scripps TV group.
- Review/assessment of business strategy, plans and outcomes in preparation for forward planning in conjunction with VP of Distribution and division managers.
- Lead national sales teams in sourcing, creating and closing new advertiser contracts.
- Developing formal processes for identifying gaps in current processes and increasing efficiency.
- Network externally and exploit all forms of media to your advantage, ensuring you maintain strong relationships with key decision makers in the industry.
- Develop and implement revenue generating opportunities for local and national sales teams, including full integration opportunities with Scripps VP of Sales.
- Play a lead role in content and marketing for Market Predict.
- Build and maintain Scripps database for sales presentations, research, best practices and catalog of all presentations.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor s degree in business or related field; MBA a plus.
- Significant experience in New Business Sales with minimum of 8 years progressive responsibility in media and integrated selling and political planning.
- Understanding of strategic account management
- Previous management experience, with the ability to lead by example and communicate effectively.
- Ability to create innovative sales strategies and work to given personal targets.
- Need to be tenacious with established leadership skills and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- A passion for thinking outside the box and trying new and untouched corners of the industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with MSOffice (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be a team player and strategist.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Associated topics: analyst, area sales, business, business development, business growth, franchise, franchise owner, franchise operator, regional sales, strategy
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!